PDA

View Full Version : Local ATV death

KWAD GAWD
05-07-2006, 08:32 PM
A local man (23) was out drinking at a bar a couple nights ago.... and decided to go riding by himself at 3am. He called a few of his friends to see if they wanted to go, but nobody did. Not sure if he had a helmet on or not, but was riding on a back county gravel chip & seal road and was apparently going pretty fast. Must have lost control, went off the road and hit a cement structure part of a small creek crossing bridge and was knocked unconscious and drown in 8 inches of water. He was an only child, a good guy and had a good job working as an electrician - not some crazy redneck. Bad ATV related decisions make you pay, somtimes with your life. This is why ATVs get a bad rep.

Lesson learned? Don't be a freaking idiot. It's not about being cool, it's about being smart. Kids - use your freaking brain.

Drinking and riding - C'mon?? Just don't do it, you're asking for trouble.

Drinking and riding double? Even worse, do you wanna kill yourself and your girlfriend? Think about your families....

Riding alone at 3 am? Are you serious?? Have some respect for the people trying to sleep... not to mention what if you break down or worse ^^ see above.

Just a reminder to T H I N K!!! The more I hear stories these days, the more i wonder what the hell is going through some peoples heads. The answer is: nothing. They're not thinking.

Think about the consequences of your actions. Quads aren't toys, and you're not invincible. I don't care if you've been riding for 20 years without an injury - ride with your brain first...

Don't let your friends talk you into doing ***** you know you shouldn't be doing. I don't care if it's a 25 foot double... if you don't feet confortable doing it, DON'T!! (sorry, I'm venting).

I have this cool Honda "band aid" shaped sticker on my truck visor that says "Stupid Hurts" as a reminder to be safe all the time. It's a fun sport, the best out there... just don't be foolish.
You could end up like this poor local guy.

miller821
05-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Ya man, a buddy of mines brother was drinking and riding (underage drinking BTW), and he was whipping it around, and it he tipped it and the nerf bars took off a ton of skin down to the bone on his leg... Luckily he's fine, but it makes you wonder why someone would do it..

250xridamatt
05-07-2006, 09:03 PM
A guy in the small town I live in did basically the same thing. Got drunk, hopped on a fourwheeler, and ran into a ditch. He is now paralyzed from the waist down.

NorCalRacer
05-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Hate to say it, but it sounds like darwin in action.

400exrules
05-07-2006, 09:10 PM
wow, similar story happened today.

a 23y/o male wrecked at a local creek bottoms that everyone rides at, and he died. i used to ride there but i dont anymore cuz the place sucks, but its basically abuncha retards on utes down there without helmets....but i still hate for anyone to get hurt.

they interviewed another rider and all they said so far on the news is that he was going fast and hit a ditch he didnt see...and i think i know what spot they are talking about.

miller821
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
Hate to say it, but it sounds like darwin in action.
? I don't get it..

i too had to learn my lesson the hard way. one bent frame later and i wont be operating under the influence anymore.

NorCalRacer
05-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
? I don't get it..

Darwin is evolution. Stupid people find a way to die and are taken out of the gene pool.

miller821
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
Darwin is evolution. Stupid people find a way to die and are taken out of the gene pool. Umm.. ok... I suppose.

NET450r350x
05-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD

I have this cool Honda "band aid" shaped sticker on my truck visor that says "Stupid Hurts" as a reminder to be safe all the time.

I have that sticker too. Its on my potato gun. My brother put it on there after the thing blew up on him. (Black sewer pipe and bug spray dont mix:ermm: )