PDA

View Full Version : need some tweaking advice

blindsey
05-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I spent all day doing trial and tribulation on re-jetting my carb today. I finally got it down to having a keihin 160 main jet and a 42 pilot jet and 2 turns out on the air/fuel screw. I still have a little bit of bog when I get on the throttle at first, so at this point I am not sure which direction to go in getting it exact? Can someone ponit me in the right direction please?

boricua
05-07-2006, 10:18 PM
aw, so its when you first get on the throttle....
so. from what i understand, the pilot and the air/fuel screw control the first 1/8 or so of the throttle range. if you think its bogging within here...check those settings. if its a bit after that you start getting into the needle. also check the accelerator pump. make sure its squirting as soon as you crack the throttle. if its not the engine will lack, kinda hesitate, power while it waits for enough fuel from the other jets to kick in. on the other hand, it can hurt you too. if its too much fuel, it can bog you down. its not to noticeable after you get going, someone might be able to see a quick puff of black smoke from your pipe just as you hit the throttle. its easier to tell when you first take off or when your running at slow speeds and little throttle input. you'll have to take the air box off to look into the carb to check if its squirting, but you can do that with the engine off.....good luck, hope this helps:macho