View Full Version : Police

Honda400exrox
05-07-2006, 03:56 PM
The police are now patrolling the place were we ride, its a village called lakeside, with tons of trails and gravel pits, they are now having three cop cruisers going through it, and quads patrolling the trails. The question is, should me and my friends keep riding there or just stop riding all together, the cops are on utilitys, we may be able to out run them.

Chicksdigme423
05-07-2006, 04:05 PM
if there are no signs that say "no atv or motorcycle riding" then dont worry about it... they will give you a warning if they dont want you there... however if there ARE signs that say "no atv or motorcycle riding" i wouldnt ride there because they would probly give you a fine if you pay no respect to the signs that ask you not to ride...

thrasher_ex
05-07-2006, 04:16 PM
wow, are you serious? :huh i could understand someone maybe asking about riding on another person's property, but when the cops are obviously patrolling the property....HELL NO

Hondadudeehhhh
05-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Ask the cops if it is legal to ride there. If it's not then don't ride there anymore. People who knowingly ride ORV's on illegal trails give all ORV riders a bad rap. People like you who think they should out run the cops should have their atv's taken away. You have no agruement, if it is illegal to ride there then FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE.

nosliw
05-07-2006, 04:26 PM
dude i don't know some of those utility quads are faaaassssss

Honda TRX250ex
05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
we have the excat same thing going on here. we just hope we dont get caught and if we do well its either haul @$$ or see what they want.

450rboy
05-07-2006, 04:57 PM
if you rode there forever or for a long time don't stop going. i got problems like this too. but if i did get caught. I'm still gonna be going back sometime again.

i know some people don't agree with me but all my friends and i do it all the time. but this one kid did get caught and fined but he still rides there.

but really do what you want but i really say don't stop going

05-07-2006, 05:00 PM
i was riding my quad on the road when there was a cop and i just said to him:

"oh, sorry i didnt know that was illegal"

and he just said, oh dont worry about it, but next time i catch you, your gonna get impounded

but i was just say u didnt know it was illegal

ak_stick
05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, this is why we have a bad image, people who know its illegal, and continue to break the law....

I hope they catch you and take your quads.

If you cant be responsible enough to only use them where its legal, you should use them. Just like anything else.

The worst part is, you guys probably have some argument about how you live too far away from a track, or no way to get to a legal area to ride, so thats justification in your own minds......

And you wonder why they're getting more and more laws past against them every year...

Guy400
05-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Think about what you're asking. "Should I keep riding in an area where the police don't want me to be riding at?"

:rolleyes: