View Full Version : Breezewood Proving Grounds Ride, Pictures thread!

Pages : 1 [2]

Yfz450dan
05-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey pappy did your bud ever find his truck keys?

ballz2thewall
05-08-2006, 05:19 PM
nope, they are still there! I had a long night of driving to get my spare key:mad: I can't thank Mike enough for lending me his vehicle to get my key!

quad2xtreme
05-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
LMAO ... is that a piece of 2x4 wedged in the floorboard so that she can reach ???? If so , that's what I call dedicated to riding and very innovative !!!:cool:

That baby is engineered to fit there and installed with bolts and all. :D

Sjorge450R
05-08-2006, 06:58 PM
mmm lets see. Im going to the Ohio GNCC next saturday and if everything holds together, mabey I can get my race team to take a trip out memorial day weekend. Im sure the kids will have a ball on their 70cc scramblers, since we have no where around here to ride.

quad2xtreme
05-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Yea Pappy, that is me in all 4 of those pictures. A big thanks to you for all the pictures and the ATVRIDERS stickers. I finally have some nice pictures I can use for backgrounds. For those wondering how Pappy does it, he has a kickass camera with a telephoto lens at least a foot and half long. I would upgrade my camera equipment but you can see where that got Pappy..taking pictures!!! :eek: Doesn't seem fair.

Dan was tearing up on his rebuilt ride until the airbox broke loose from the subframe and the carb. No sweat though...he jumped on Barry's 440ex and rode it like he stole it. Barry can ride too without a doubt. He is the smoothest rider clearing every jump in the park and could go 30-40 laps at a time. Incredible endurance for a 250 lb guy. Thank goodness Pappy didn't work on Dan's engine though...my only hope at catching Dan is making up some time on the straights and coming out of the turns.

I am pretty sure I wasn't the oldest guy riding (almost 41) but I think Connie might have been the oldest female rider and she was clearing all the jumps on the kid's track. She went down on the 2nd set of doubles on one of the other tracks 3 weeks ago so I was glad she made it back on the horse again. I can't thank her enough for letting me ride just about any time I want and being there with me. It would be great to see more moms and dads coming out with the kids next time.

Special thanks to the dual effort of Mike and Amanda for getting the water truck fixed. Not only did he have to run for the parts but he had to do the repair too...while we all sat around the fire watching the races. And if you ever need a part, have Amanda call for you. Nobody had the part for Mike but when Amanda called the same place back later, the guy suddenly had the part and was willing to drive. Mike's trip went from having to go all the way to Richmond, VA to Winchester, VA instead.

Thanks to Nikki for all the food preparation. The pig was great but there was quite a bit of other food too. We all had Nikki's baked ziti for dinner Saturday night.

Thanks to everyone who went this weekend and made it a great time for all! For those who didn't make it, try to make the next one.

/Jon

JHF219
05-08-2006, 07:27 PM
I would like to extend a special thanks to Dan for a great place to ride. I wouldnt be coming from Indiana if this wasnt a great facility.

I would like to say that it was nice to meet everyone. I had a great time tearing the tracksa apart !!

A special thanks to dan for the lunch !! And to Kenny, Bridgette, and Kevin. You guys are great friends and appreciate everything !!

05-08-2006, 07:27 PM
hmm Im going to have to go to the next ride, the hard part is trying to take off work.

WhiteYFZ
05-08-2006, 07:47 PM
looks like i cant come to the next one either cuz my dad has to go to a engagement party

Mxjunkie
05-08-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm making the other one no matter what.

WhiteYFZ
05-08-2006, 07:58 PM
i just asked my dad and he said hees gonan try his best

Les Davis
05-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I think I have to agree with "quad2xtreme" on the weekend and his praises to everyone. Although I only made it up for Sunday's festivities it was great weather, great food and most of all good people especially the entire Breezewood staff (Dan, Amanda, Nikki, Mike) that go out of there way to accomodate the riders weekend after weekend. Also to Pappy for the pics, stickers and help put everything together. If you have not been there yet, I would highly recommend it to everyone. You wont be disappointed!!!

Oh and a BIG Thanks to "ballz2thewall" for the pig on Sunday. I got to meet you just before we headed out for the day. Hell of a nice guy. I was the guy on the blue YFZ with the Creech graphics.

Thanks again to everybody.

05-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Damnit! Ill be in Texas over Memorial day weekend.

Pappy
05-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Les...I dont think I got a single picture of you:( We were never on the track at the same time:p It was great seeing you again, you coming for the memorial day ride?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=230941

Les Davis
05-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey Pappy, It was good to see you as well. I was feeling a little ill on Sunday so I didnt get much track time. I think old age is kickin in :) Next time I see you with the camera, I'm just to keep running back and forth over the same jump till you catch me:D If I make it for Memorial Day it would most likely be on Monday. I would love to see the pit bike races on the kids track as well as everything else that Dan has planned.

moto440ex
05-08-2006, 10:18 PM
That track looks awesome. I wish it wasnt so far away though. I live all the way down here in Louisiana haha.

ballz2thewall
05-09-2006, 05:00 AM
Your all very welcome for the Pig. Like Pappy says "Support those that support you"! I was happy to get to meet everyone, especially Pappy and his family. I enjoyed watching Cody tear up the tracks also (and really enjoyed him smoking the kid on the bike:D ). Also Dan the man Harris and his family along with his friends Mike and Nicki, another great group of people. Couldn't ask to meet nicer people. Again thank you all for a great weekend and hopefully I can make it out to the M-day ride!

insaneracin2003
05-09-2006, 08:44 AM
UUMMMMM,Couch Race video or pics???:macho

ballz2thewall
05-09-2006, 08:57 AM
couch race didn't happen yet. Pappy do you still have that picture you took of my son? If you do could you post it so I can make a picture for my wife?!

JHF219
05-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Man i wish i lived closer and could come to breezewood every weekend i wasnt racing :(

ballz2thewall
05-09-2006, 09:11 AM
Why can't you move closer? I'm sure kevin would let you live with him:D Or you could move with Bradshaw(sp?)

JHF219
05-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by ballz2thewall
Why can't you move closer? I'm sure kevin would let you live with him:D Or you could move with Bradshaw(sp?)

If your reffering to shanna, she has a man, and i have a fiance. I dont think that would work :o I have lived at kevins house before !! it was good times. Problem is I would have to have a job making what i make now before i could do the move !!

ballz2thewall
05-09-2006, 09:33 AM
I wasn't meaning hook up with her just live off her:D Yeah the pay thing is where the problems are! I hate my job but I can't leave the pay. What is your job?

JHF219
05-09-2006, 09:45 AM
I wasn't meaning hook up with her just live off her:D Yeah the pay thing is where the problems are! I hate my job but I can't leave the pay. What is your job?

i know what u meant, but i dont think the fiance would approve :D Im a safe and vault technician. www.fireking.com

dan harris
05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Gotta say the ol' 400 never felt soo good. Thanks to Pappy and Kevin.

dan harris
05-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Had a great time riding with everyone, and look forward to seeing you all here again MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND !

shanna
05-10-2006, 09:36 AM
ballz2thewall I wasn't meaning hook up with her just live off her Yeah the pay thing is where the problems are! I hate my job but I can't leave the pay. What is your job?

What do you mean live off me? I am only a school teacher. (You know they make all the money) I want to find a rich man to support my habits (horses and 4 wheelers).

It was nice getting to meet everyone and ridin around ( not jumpin because i dont jump). I has so much fun I did not even think about the GNCC in Missouri that i was missing.

ballz2thewall
05-10-2006, 11:03 AM
If your trying to find a guy to support your habits, you'll need two of them then:devil: Gas isn't cheap but I would pick that over a women who has habits:D

Pappy
05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by shanna
I has so much fun I did not even think about the GNCC in Missouri that i was missing.

Originally posted by shanna
I am only a school teacher

Yip....:devil: You just recieved an F :cool: :blah:

I will be auctioning Shanna off soon, it's time for her to get married off:D

ballz2thewall
05-10-2006, 11:15 AM
I'll start the bidding at ummm....... I'll be nice 5.00;)

Mxjunkie
05-10-2006, 11:55 AM
I bid 7 bucks.. :p :blah:

Pappy
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
$7 bucks:huh

Josh you would pay more then that for a girl to stand next to you:devil:

insaneracin2003
05-10-2006, 12:02 PM
i am not bidding,if my wife finds out that i bid on another women,sheesh,ill be sleeping in my shed....wait a minute,that is where i keep my quad......i bid 20.00 dolla

ballz2thewall
05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Well we just passed my allowance, so I can't bid anymore:( Actually I already have one wife nagging at me all the time don't want another one!

quad2xtreme
05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I'll have to pass. I was married to a school teacher once...

means you get to help grade test papers late at night...

answer the phone from angry parents with perfect children who always tell the truth to mom and dad...

and last but not least...you have a wife ready to kick it into gear at 6:00pm in the summer months when you are just getting home from work and wanting to rest.

Thanks for bringing back the memories Pappy. :grr:

/Jon ;)

ballz2thewall
05-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Don't forget to put down that they correct you all the time also:devil:

quad2xtreme
05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Don't forget to put down that they correct you all the time also:devil:

You kidding? I got that now and she isn't even a school teacher. Additionally, she tell me everything I should be doing differently...plus she is always telling me how well Dan jumps and has his quad in perfect position when he lands and my front end is too high...."see? look there it is in the video, why don't you land like Dan?" All I can say to her is well I watched Dan sit on the sidelines for the last 3 weeks so maybe he should learn to ride more like me. :p :blah: lol

If you guys ever want some good video of a crash, just film Dan for about 5 minutes when he is on 2 wheels. Your bound to catch at least one good crash! He is the Master of Disaster on 2 wheels. :devil: Sorry Dan, couldn't resist.

Ok, this is a true story...

I was at one of the Saturday Night Indoor Pitbike races. There was a guy video taping his buddy. So, I told him if he wanted a good crash to just keep it on ol' #584. So, he did. Within 2 laps, Dan went down hard right in front of the new heated bleacher area. I thought for sure he would be knocked out cold. Well he wasn't but he didn't finish that race either. He came back later for another race...can't remember if he wiped out again or not but there was more than a 50-50 chance he did. To bad I couldn't get the video for posting on the website. I watched it about 10 times in slow motion. Those pitbikes are amazing. They take a licking and just keep on going. I can hardly wait for the Memorial Day Pitbike races. In all fairness to Dan though, it isn't easy being 6'+ on a pitbike. I couldn't even fit my knees under the bars. Jumping was out of the question.

/Jon

dan harris
05-11-2006, 07:10 AM
John, You notice I haven't been to quick to get either one of my pit bikes fixed and running again. Yeah I've had alot of trouble getting used to two wheelers. They are a blast and definately a new challenge. ...................you can count on me being ready to go at our memorial day race.

EVERY BODY KEEP IN MIND WE WILL HAVE KIDS QUAD RACING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND ALONG WITH KIDS AND ADULT PIT BIKE RACING. RACES WILL BE ON MEMORIAL DAY MONDAY THE 29TH SIGN UP AND PRACTICE AT 10:30 AM.

Pappy
05-11-2006, 07:14 AM
I'll be honest, I wasnt into all the pitbike stuff until I saw these things flat tearin' it up! Id love to have one, but I forsee the ER if I tried to run one:chinese:

ballz2thewall
05-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Pappy the ER wouldn't be that bad, more then likely you would be accompanied by Dan:devil: He could introduce you to a few nurses I'm sure:D I guess this weekend for riding is shot:(

dan harris
05-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Everybody that knows me knows that I am a quad guy thru and thru, but I have to say that I have had as much fun on a pitbike as I have had on a quad. The fun factor on those powerful little bikes is off the charts. And the fact that they are sooo cheap to buy and get started on............ I can't say enough how much fun they are wherever you ride them, the track, the road - your yard, the woods, it don't matter they are flat out fun.

Pappy
05-11-2006, 07:34 AM
After last year, I am doing my best to avoid the hospital:p

insaneracin2003
05-11-2006, 07:51 AM
offf topic post,but what would be a good pit bike that you guys speak of...more for yard jumps

Tecate
05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Great pics fellas. Whos the madman on the 250R trike?

James

dan harris
05-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Thats Jessey keith from Maryland on the 250 R three wheeler. He's a member at the proving grounds. He won two of our pit bike classes also.

wvspeedfreak
05-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Dan,I just read the article in the new ATV Action magazine about Breezewood.I had no idea about what you went through to get the track re opened.My hat is off to you.I will send as many quads your way as I can.

dan harris
05-11-2006, 06:50 PM
WVSpeed: yeah it was crazy what a couple people were able to do knowing in the end I was going to be able to open anyway. It was a very tough and long battle that cost me considerably. Thankfully I was able to prevail. I really appreciate your support in advertising the park. Most people that know me and the park are aware that everything the park brings in goes right back into improvements to the park. So keep spreading the word and know that your improving your ride spot.

gbcap
05-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
WVSpeed: yeah it was crazy what a couple people were able to do knowing in the end I was going to be able to open anyway. It was a very tough and long battle that cost me considerably. Thankfully I was able to prevail. I really appreciate your support in advertising the park. Most people that know me and the park are aware that everything the park brings in goes right back into improvements to the park. So keep spreading the word and know that your improving your ride spot.

hell...dan's getting lights for the memorial day/night kids quad race...who else would invest that much money into his riders/park!!!! awesome. we all appreicate what you do Dan/Amanda/Mike and Nikki. i enjoy my time up there very much!!!

ballz2thewall
05-12-2006, 04:49 AM
Not only is the park awsome, but Dan, Amanda, Mike, and Nikki are the chit too:D Some of the greatest people you would ever want to meet!

JHF219
05-12-2006, 05:44 AM
I Love the park and will be back as many times as money allows me to be !! Dan thanks for running such a fun and safe place !! And thanks for sticking to your word about the person that drove the farthest !! I wish there were more track owners that cared about thier riders as much as you do !!

Thanks again,
JHF

ballz2thewall
05-12-2006, 05:55 AM
Hey buddy don't you have a safe you need to break into or something?

wvspeedfreak
05-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Here is a couple pics I snapped of Austin at the ride.

wvspeedfreak
05-13-2006, 07:33 PM

wvspeedfreak
05-13-2006, 07:34 PM

wvspeedfreak
05-13-2006, 07:35 PM

dan harris
05-14-2006, 04:45 AM
Great pictures of Austin. Looks like he's really enjoying the beginner track. I have some big changes/improvements planned for the beginner track over the next few weeks.

trx400exxracer
05-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
Great pictures of Austin. Looks like he's really enjoying the beginner track. I have some big changes/improvements planned for the beginner track over the next few weeks.

Dan pappy says you have a pitster pro

can you post pics of it :D