PDA

View Full Version : killswitch

kyleschonert
05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Will this work as the starter on my 300EX? (link). I also have a Pro Armor Kill Switch coming, could i wire that in right up by the handlebars so I wouldnt have to use all of that excess wire? All of you that have done this, could you give me an easy, straight forward way on how to do this. I have searched and have seen many different ways and don't know which one to do. Please let me know guys. Thanks, Kyle. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=9314&navTitle=Electrical&webCatId=20&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=205&navType=type

kyleschonert
05-08-2006, 08:34 AM
if that one doesnt, how about this one? I would rather have this one, its cheaper. thanks. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YZ250-Kill-Switch-Killswitch-YZ-250-125-Yamaha-2002_W0QQitemZ4635369218QQcategoryZ35594QQssPageNa meZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jsmith2232
05-08-2006, 09:28 AM
I would definitely get the pro armor, my buddy and i hooked them up on our quads last week it took about a half of an hour each, I don't know if the 300's wiring is about the same as my 400ex but it's probably similar. The proper way to hook it up is to ground the short wire to the frame ( i used one of my fender screws mount screws) and splice the long wire into the black with yellow striped wire going into the rev box. I poked a hole in the rubber tube going from my stock kill switch and ran the wire thru that down into the front of the quad to make it look cleaner. there is another way of doing it and I have 2 buddies that have done this one on a blaster and one on a z400. they grounded the short wire to the frame and spliced the long wire into one of the wires going thru the stock kill switch. These both worked well. The pro armor is a little more costly but comes with a bar mount on it, it looks alot cleaner on the bars and should last forever...

kyleschonert
05-08-2006, 05:40 PM
you guys used that as your starter? or were you talking about a kill switch. Im talking about wiring a dirt bike kill switch as my starter.