PDA

View Full Version : hot cams...

MoToX199
05-07-2006, 01:08 PM
well im thinkin about buying hot cams,stage 1 cams, for my dvx. but i wanted to find out a lil more info on them before i spend the money. ok so here it goes,i have a stock motor,not even a pipe(just sold it),and i know most of you are going to say get a pipe but i dont want to have to deal with all the sound,so anyway will they work fine in a stock motor? will i actaully feel a big dif. in power? or do they only work well when you have motor work done? also for those people who have them what do you think of them? did you feel a big dif in power? im hopin that the cams will add all around power. one last thing are they hard to install? lol sorry for all the questions,i just am not familar with cams so i figured i should learn about them first before i get them,thnx for any help!:)

Sandgod4
05-07-2006, 04:17 PM
The cam will give more topend and a seat of the pants difference.. As far as putting them in... If you are unsure of your mechanical ability take all the plastic off and the tank and carb. Bring it to the dealer. Any competent wrench should slap those babies in for a labor charge of 30 minutes (about 30-40 bucks).. Drop your quad off w/ plastics still installed, tank, carb, and they'll hit you for 2 hrs labor..

MoToX199
05-07-2006, 05:02 PM
thnx 4 the help,i can do it myself i just wana know how to do it and if it cam with any kind of instructions,i know all about motors but i just wana be 100% sure on what im doing,lol oh yea by the way what do you mean by seat of your pants difference?

Sandgod4
05-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Go buy a manual.. Seat of the pants means you can actually feel a difference. Some people will say certain mods help on a dyno, but you can't feel the extra performance while actually riding it..

MoToX199
05-08-2006, 01:41 PM
thnx for the help:)

crazyz11
05-10-2006, 11:19 PM
A couple of things to add with the cams would be a drz base gasket, D.I.D heavy duty cam chain, and a higher reving CDI.

When you add the cams you lose some bottom end, that is what the base gasket is for. The power gain that you will feel is right when you hit the rev limiter with the stock CDI and so you need a higher reving CDI. And the cam chain is to replace the stock one because with the cams the stock chain will stretch quicker.

Oh don't forget to reshim your valves.

Good Luck

TMSmx47
05-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey trick400ex where in Hunterdon County you from? I live in Clinton.. We can chat more on this setup you wanna try. I say use WEB CAMS cuz thats what I have. I'll let you ride my quad to show you how the WEBs perform. Plus we can throw them in for you real quick. We just started a shop in Flemington as a side job from our regular job at RRP. Livin in Jersey Im sure you heard or RRP..lol.. We have a website for all our personal stuff but we are gonna put the shop stuff on soon. Check it out if you want McCreaMotocross (http://www.McCreaMotocross.com)

MoToX199
05-11-2006, 12:54 PM
hey,i live about 15 min away from clinton and 10 min from flemington,if you know where rt 12 is i live 5 min away from the army reserve,i would appreciate it alot if we could talk more about this, i really wanna know how good these cams are and maybe check into like you said web cams,haha ye ai have heard of rrp,actually i got my pipe from them,i dont know if you know dustin prostak, but im really good friends with him and i believe he is sponsered by rrp,where about is your new shop in flemington?what do you guys specialize in? i would love it if we could get togther sometime and you can help me put these cams in,also by any chance are you guys lookin for any help? im lookin for a job that i can do after school and that i can maybe work full time over the summer,anyway i hope we get to talk soon,thnx

robbie

MoToX199
05-17-2006, 01:49 PM
bump

LittleMissE
05-17-2006, 07:00 PM
I could feel the difference really well with my mom DVX!!!! I dont know about mine b/c we did pretty much all the mods at once!!!