View Full Version : Shredders

flauge
05-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I know they changed the name to ground busters, but whats the deal with them? I remember that they were used by a lot of people a few years back, but what happened to em?
They are more of a high speed hardpack tire than the razr, is that right? I was thinking of getting some of them but im not sure now.:scary:

MoToX199
05-07-2006, 07:33 PM
i used to run them on my old 400 and 300,and 250,and they were great,they had awesome hook up especially on hard packed dirt like you said,i ran 20-11-9 and they were a good size,there allmost like the holeshots and razors,i wasnt aware thought that they changed the name,also there not that expensive wheni bought mine last year they were 44 bucks a piece

flauge
05-07-2006, 08:20 PM
How do they do compared to the razr's on hardpack?
I think i finally got my choice narrowed down to either the shredders or the razrs.. soo many decisions:scary:

MoToX199
05-08-2006, 02:02 PM
well i havent compared the to cause i have never owned razors,but riding my friends 400 with them on i would say that they both have the same hook up,but if i had to get new tires right now i would choose the shredders with out thinkin twice

QuadJunkies
05-10-2006, 12:57 AM
I personally have never ran them ,but my kids do in there minis!!

We LOVE these tires and they hold up VERY WELL for them! They will outlast there front Holeshots(on the front) by a longshot.
We prefer them over the Snowhogs.

I didnt know they even still made them for the big Dawgs still... :huh

I also wasnt aware that they changed the name ..

jhr400EX
05-10-2006, 08:03 AM
My neighbor used to run shredders on his warrior, and he loved them. They hook up pretty good on trails and hard-pack. Also, they seem to last forever. They lasted through multiple burnouts on the road, and tons of dump riding and still looked like new.

hondarider2006
05-10-2006, 10:00 AM
I have never ran them, but I currently do run Razr's front and rear. I honestly don't think you will notice a HUGE difference between the 2. Just price:o