PDA

View Full Version : esr airbox eliminator question

kiesta00
05-06-2006, 08:23 PM
I just put this on my bike, now my bike sputters when it gets on top end and the radiator overflow tube spits water when I get on it for a while....is my jetting off? Can anyone recommend what jets I should use? My current mods are airstryker 38mm carb, lsr pipe and esr airbox eliminator,

thanks

novaracr70
05-06-2006, 08:55 PM
sounds lean you must do a plug chop and check jetting . I would not ride bike until you are sure its jetted proper

beerock
05-07-2006, 01:42 PM
yea its def lean, the elim kit gives you about two stages richer in jetting, so whatever your jetting is go 2 stages richer,

the elim works great on top end but bottom end is sacrificed because theres no venturi effect like the oem boot creates

kiesta00
05-07-2006, 10:38 PM
well I bought this bike a month ago and I have no idea what jet is in there right now. Is there a number on the jet itself or can I just start out fat? what would you recommend I start at? thanks a lot

kiesta00
05-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Well I put a 170 jet in there and it ran great for a little while, now the bike starts to cut out just like it did with the 160 and the radiator overflow spits water in 4th and 5th gear...its pissing me off. Any advice?

beerock
05-21-2006, 08:52 PM
check your plug, if its white your leaking coolant and need a new head gasket. doe the exhaust blow white out the back? in high gear?

if it isnt coolant then, you need to do a leak down test to make sure its no leaking a main seal if it is then thats why it keeps sputtering because its constantly running lean.