PDA

View Full Version : pilot main needle and slow jet????

eldoexrider01
08-05-2002, 03:36 PM
ok im really confused. i got out my clymer service manual and went to the carburator break down diagram (pg. 169) and i found there is a main pilot needle and slow jet . i got the main down but i thought and have had people tell me that the pilot is the slow jet. so if i put in a new 42 pilot jet what do i need to do about the slow jet since it says theres one of those too??????

tprender
08-05-2002, 06:43 PM
The piolet and the slow jet arte the same. One person calls it the slow jet and other people call it the pilet jet. Maybe someone else will know why the 2 different names.

eldoexrider01
08-05-2002, 07:08 PM
im not trying to flame u or anything but in the manual it shows separate pilot and slow jets

eldoexrider01
08-05-2002, 11:59 PM
bump
d

Texan32
08-06-2002, 06:55 AM
There are actually 4 jets! only two of which you can change.

1. Main jet...the big one
2. Slow jet...aka pilot jet
3. Slow "Air" Jet...not exactly sure, but has something to do with the with air preasure
4. Needle Jet...don't think this can be changed, most jet kits come with new needle that has a different taper to it instead

tprender
08-06-2002, 12:40 PM
Looking in the Honda factory sercive manual on page 5-7 there is no listing for a pilot jet. There is a listing for a slow jet, which every one calls the pilot jet. There is a pilot screw. What most people change on carbs are the main jet and the pilot jet(slow jet). Some peole will change the needle, K&N will give you a different needle with there jet kit.