PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wrong?

blake_mx_racer
05-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Well i went riding at a friends track today. Did a few laps and then stopped to take a break. When i shut my R off it had a sound of boiling water up under the hood. Took my hood off and it was rather hot under there and my steering stem was really warm. Looked like drops of coolant were comin from behind the left plastic shroud. I filled it up with some coolant but it still does the same thing. My oil light never came on once today either. Any ideas?

05-06-2006, 04:27 PM
is your fan on? are you riding fast with air coming through radiatior? is your radiatior clogged with mud?

sled_ed 300ex
05-06-2006, 04:35 PM
check if the hoses are f***** or if they leak on the way to the motor , or like he said mud and stuff in th rad. if your fan turns on when it starts to heat up... look for leak on the rad!!!!!

JW450R1
05-06-2006, 05:35 PM
IF U WERE RIDING HARD THEN IT MAY COME OUT SOME.HOW MUCH DID U ADD.IF U ARE WONDERING IF YOUR FAN IS OPERATING PROPERLY.TAKE OFF THE BLACK WIRE GOING THE THE SENDING UNIT,AND GROUND IT OUT YOUR FAN SHOULD TURN ON.I HAVE A 04 450R AND WHEN RIDIN HARD SOME COOLANT DOES COME OUT.

JRP
05-06-2006, 06:10 PM
mine did that once too. I never did find out what it was, but ijt never happened again.

blake_mx_racer
05-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Took off the plastic and washed my bike today. I figured out that it was leaking from boiling over and going out the over flow tube. Should i put new coolant in and see how it does?