PDA

View Full Version : WTF???? Please help

stever250r
05-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I just pruchased this RAD valve and 38mm airstryker and when I mount it up it will not allow my airbox and boot to clear the frame crossmember. It also seems to far back..when I force my airbox boot on there... my airbox sits so far back it doesnt even come close to the front airbox mounts.

Has anyone else encountered this? I cant for the life of me figure out why. I dont think the spacer plate under the cylinder would make this much difference..

Ive installed pictures so you can see what Im talking about.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

stever250r
05-06-2006, 04:23 PM
pic 2

flying dutchman
05-07-2006, 12:44 AM
if you look right you can see that there is an aluminum ring on the air intake side of the carb if you can take that off it might fit if you can bend your intake chanel to the airbox;)

stever250r
05-07-2006, 05:33 AM
Ive looked at that also. I guess I will try that too.

It seems that if that adapter ring on the carb made that much difference in the fit... that ESR would surely mention it ... or have some type of fix for it.

Even with that ring removed... the angle from the air intake side of the carb... to my airbox boot isnt even close. I have to really tweak the carb boot and the airbox boot to make it fit.

When I do this, I hardly have any seal left around the carb boot to the RAD valve.

It just doesnt seem right to me.

I will try what yoiu mentioned though... Thanks for the reply.

stever250r
05-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Well....even the stock reeds with stock carb.... the angle is all wrong.

I went to servicehonda and realized that there are actually two different airbox boots.. One for the 86... the other for 87-89

The arens frame I have is modeled after the 88 so the only thing that I can come up with is that I have the 86 airbox boot.

Is there really that much difference between the two???

Anyone???

flying dutchman
05-07-2006, 06:57 AM
haha that will probably be the problem:)
do you know some one who has the 88 so you can see if the difference is big enough?
if so that would help you out i guess

jon370r
05-07-2006, 09:28 PM
My friends Arens frame is the same way and with the same problem.

Rich250RRacer
05-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by stever250r
Well....even the stock reeds with stock carb.... the angle is all wrong.

I went to servicehonda and realized that there are actually two different airbox boots.. One for the 86... the other for 87-89

The arens frame I have is modeled after the 88 so the only thing that I can come up with is that I have the 86 airbox boot.

Is there really that much difference between the two???

Anyone???

The angle is the SAME. The only difference is that the 87-89 have an extra hole in the side for the little plastic "boost" bottle. The newer boot will not fix your problem.

zedicus00
05-07-2006, 10:27 PM
cant u just loosten the hose clamps on the intake boot angle the carb however u need it and titen the clamps back down? that looks like the same intake setup im running an thas what i did... the clamp holds fine a lil crooked.

hang1p
05-08-2006, 01:43 AM
i used a 400ex boot along with pieces of my esr airbox eliminater to get around the frame rail with the cr rad valve I have used it 3 times now and it has not popped off our anything so I think thats what I'm gonna stick with

hang1p
05-08-2006, 01:46 AM
when i had my regular rad valve i just used a esr airbox eliminator and it was tight the top of the carb was agenst the frame thats why i switched to the cr rad valve 02b cause it is shorter

stever250r
05-08-2006, 04:06 AM
Thanks all....

I had to do what zedicus mentioned on both the intake side of the carb and where the boot clamps to the airbox.

Mounted the boot a little crooked at both places and just tightened the heck out of the clamp.

I guess I'll see if it works.