PDA

View Full Version : major help!

polakmike7
05-06-2006, 04:14 PM
i have an 02 400ex and the other day i ran the gas dry..i stopped filled up..and tried to start it up..i doesnt work..i also was low on oil bc for sum weird reason my oil is gone in like 5 days n i checked for leaks...so now it wont start even wen its pluged into a charger and it ticks wen trying to roll start or jus start period..help!!!!

hondamanex400
05-06-2006, 05:43 PM
If it wont while on a charger, and you hear a clicking noise, then you need to replace your battery. I just had this happen to me, went to Wal*Mart, and picked up a battery, put it in, and it fired right back up to kick some more ***!!!!

05-06-2006, 07:50 PM
clean ur 'ol carby out.... It needs to be cleaned and the dry gas is bad.. dont mess anymore with it just have a dealer get it all out.. those f up ur carb if u dont do it right...

polakmike7
05-07-2006, 08:52 AM
its not the battery trust me put thanx.. n ill get on the carb. right away..i jus realli hope this isnt a major problem wit the engine or sumthin

Bill Fuller
05-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Sounds like a weak battery and a dirty carb.I would also suggest cleaning out your fuel tank and petcock.While your at it add an inline fuel filter.

JPhonda
05-07-2006, 04:36 PM
now your oil problem. Was there no oil left in there what so ever. Are you sure that most of the oil isnt in the motor because i know sometimes when i go for i ride and check my oil before there is no oil what so ever in the cooler. Then i start it up and let it idle for a bit then shut off the motor and check the oil again. That 2nd time i check it there its back up to the full line.

polakmike7
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
wen i went out it was good wen i came back it was gone... now my friend says i might of over heated it if theres tickin and also to spray starter fluid in the air filter...but i jus cleaned out the carb n im bout to try n start it..so ill tell u how tht goes..

JPhonda
05-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Iam not sure if what i told you about the oil is really what it should do or not. I would think that there would always be oil in the oil cooler tank, but sometimes when i check it there is non and i let it run for a bit then its back to full. other times when i check it there is oil in the tank. Does this happen to everyone else or is it just me?? I dont know know iam assuming this is how the 400ex is made but i just want to make sure

GPracer2500
05-07-2006, 06:38 PM
You MUST idle the bike for several minutes before checking the oil. Not reving the engine, not riding around, IDLING. Shut it off, wait a minute or two, and check the oil level.

When the engine sits for a while all the oil runs out of the tank and into the crankcase making it look like it's low on oil.

Read your owner's manual people! ;)

JPhonda
05-07-2006, 06:59 PM
ya i would of read my owners manual if i had one. when i got the fourwheeler the first owner didnt have one so. Anyways thanks a lot for the info. sometimes i would add more oil because it was low then i would check it later on and it would just poor out of the oil tank because it was over filled. So i was pretty sure it settled in the motor but i didnt know if it was suppouse to do that or not. Thanks

polakmike7
05-07-2006, 07:22 PM
e carb. and all the wires n **** and it still wont start...battery is good..gas line is good...jus the engine wont start..another thing is wen i try givin it gas it ticks...help me out here im dien

polakmike7
05-07-2006, 07:22 PM
i cleaned the carb.**and all the lines and air filter

JPhonda
05-07-2006, 08:09 PM
the problem could possibly be your spark, so check and make sure you are getting a spark. if there is a spark then check if gas is going through and into the motor. to me one or these could be the only logical reason. maybe the dry gas messed up your spark plug and you need a new one. most likely its your spark imo, unless something is suriously screwed up with your motor.

polakmike7
05-07-2006, 08:14 PM
spark plug is fine n new one is in n gas is gettin to the engine..im takin apart my engine soon seeing wats rong wit it n ****...