PDA

View Full Version : Call for prayers

bigvforcer
05-06-2006, 03:54 PM
I am not one to do this, and why I don't know, but here goes

For the past five days, any waking free moment for the most part has been with my very good friend Jason, his wife Jami, and their 15 month old Izak at Kosairs Childrens Hospital In Louisville, KY. He was hospitalized on Monday with what doctors thought was rocky mountain spotted fever, overnight Monday his temps got to 106.6 and stayed that way for a while. He finally pulled out of the temps and everything was going well. Tuesday the diagnosis change to encephalitis which caused the fever and the swelling of the brain he had on Monday night. Wednesday they did some tests and found a lump in his stomach. On thursday they went in and did a biopsy on the tumor. Friday brought no real test results but improved signs from Izak of waking up from the five days he had been asleep. The doctors say it wasn't a coma but I don't understand what is a coma and what isn't. I left Friday night and everyone was happy and our hopes were up. I returned Saturday and the mood around the room we had taken over had changed drastically. Basically the last I heard the oncologists said he believes it is in stage 3 of development maybe stage 4 but he wants to do more tests. My heart sank to the bottom of my chest.

These two people are like family to me and all we do together is ride and jeep and talk about riding and jeeping nonstop, but for the past five days emotions have been up and then down and back up and the tears have been steadily flowing.

When I was thinking of whom to write and say this we all agreed that fellow dirt riders are close enough to do this. Jason even wrote the ATVA and asked if they could say something either online or in the next newsletter!

Like I said above, I am not usually one to do this but this one is very near and dear to my heart so I am asking you all to prayer for the family and my little buddy Izak. We appreciate any and all prayers.

Thank you,

Brian Owens

miller821
05-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Ya man he's in my prayers, and hopefully the kid can pull through and live a happy normal life.. Its sad to here stuff like this though:ermm: Keeps us updated though on how his condition is..

JRP
05-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Ya man he's in my prayers, and hopefully the kid can pull through and live a happy normal life.. Its sad to here stuff like this though:ermm: Keeps us updated though on how his condition is..

:( :( :(

figair
05-06-2006, 04:27 PM
He is in our prayers, along with his family.We hope all will go well

fast_enough
05-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Everyone will hope and pray for the best, Kosairs is a very good childrens hospital also, so hes in good hands too. Hope you pull through little buddy.

Brian, how hard would it be to talk to S&S Marine and S&S Powersports and all the other places around here and try to setup a ride or something of that sort for Izak. And setup some sort of donation box.

bigvforcer
05-07-2006, 12:45 PM
I am sure I could arrange it but it would take a while and then we need somehwere to have it at!

fast_enough
05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by bigvforcer
I am sure I could arrange it but it would take a while and then we need somehwere to have it at!

Yea, theres no where real local is there? Theres a newer place out here by Salem that my buddies uncle owns, its called "Backwoods Offroad Park" I think, not real sure. I'll ask Justin about it tonite, and see what he says. Hope the lil mans doing ok.

QuadRacer041
05-07-2006, 03:16 PM
he is in my thought's. until i actually had a child of my own i never understood the pain a parent goes through when there child is suffering. the pain is the worst thing anyone could ever imagn. hope he makes a speady recovery.

Pappy
05-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
he is in my thought's. until i actually had a child of my own i never understood the pain a parent goes through when there child is suffering. the pain is the worst thing anyone could ever imagn. hope he makes a speady recovery.

couldnt have said it better