PDA

View Full Version : Help Quick

Nick110
05-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Ok so i took my kickstart lever off to polish it on my 06 450r. The little ball bearing type thing fell out. How do you put it back in. Ive tried for an hour and couldnt get it.

I looked up some old posts about 04/05 kickers and they said that there is a spring too. I dont even see how the ball bearing can fit in let alone that and a spring.

Please help i am totaly lost.

Prospector
05-07-2006, 05:05 AM
well somehow your gonna have to get a ball and a spring in there! maybe ur putting it into the wrong hole!

450R_lover
05-07-2006, 10:12 AM
alright, I just got done getting mine powdercoated and at first i couldnt figure it out.

First you have to grease the shaft that comes off the engine. Then, there is a little hole in that little shaft or whatever you want to call it on the inside almost directly toward the engine. You put the spring in there then start to slide the kickstart lever on but dont push it over the hole yet.

before you cover the hole up, put the ball in there and take a flat head screwdriver or something and push on the ball so that the kicker will slide on over it. It takes some force to push it over the ball. It should slide all the way down to where it is pretty much flush with the collar on the little shaft. then put the screw back in with some locktite, and your all set.

Hope this helps, if its not clear i will try to explain it better.