PDA

View Full Version : helpppppp

LTZ400rider
05-06-2006, 11:40 AM
i finally decided to get a new truck, im lookin for a 1999-up super duty f250 7.3 diesel with a manual tranny

well when i was just messin around a few months ago i found lots of them, 80k miles for 20 grand my max spending limit

well now that i can afford it i cant find anything, not even automatics really, finding manual transmissions are impossible!! i was even searchin within the area

i looked at ebay, autotrader, trucktrader, vehix. doesnt any1 know any good places to search

Camaroguy87132
05-06-2006, 11:54 AM
www.craigslist.org thats where i found my truck and i know a lot of other people that have bought cars/trucks off there..

and check your local want ads and newspaper classifieds

Scott-300ex
05-06-2006, 02:29 PM
The 6.0's are very impressive. Take one if you can get one.

And goin for a manual tranny, Thata BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LTZ400rider
05-06-2006, 10:30 PM
i think im just gonna get an auto, cuz im gettin sick of shiftin in my ranger, and i wont be towing anyway. if i can find a nice manual ill get it but i seen alot of nice lariat editions for good prices, the model with leather and everything. does any1 know what year they started using torqeshift 5 speeds

DieselBoy
05-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I won't lie, the manual trucks are hard to find. My 7.3's been exquisite; I love it. If you got a budget you might wonna go with a gashog, but I tow so the diesel was something I needed. I won't lie, they are extremely expensive to run. Oil changes, oil filters, fuel filters, air filters need to be done religiously, and on time. Other than that, these trucks really really turn heads, mine especially. Talk about getn' looks :cool: the truck is a rock, these trucks are ford's pride and joy.

Good luck with your search. Take your time.

LTZ400rider
05-07-2006, 10:38 AM
after driving my dads truck and learning alot about diesel engines, id never buy a gasser. i found a nice lariat with manual tranny for 22 grand and 90k miles, and of course its a dually :o