PDA

View Full Version : choke problems

jak1389
05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
hey everyone, my choke was really loose to the point that when i would hit a bump the lever would move making me zip tie the lever on the off posistion (fully down). i was putting in new jets and figured this is my oppertunity to fix this. i put a new plate on and a new spring. i cant seem to get the spring positioning right or the piece the opens the flap for the choke. right now the way it is working is backwards so its fully open when the lever is all the way up, and closed when the lever is down. for mid choke it does nothing. if anyone has any pictures or any info that can help me correct this problem i would appreciate it. i also looked in my service manual and it shows everypart on the carb, besides the choke assembly. thanks alot

~jason

GPracer2500
05-06-2006, 12:00 PM
You might want to consider just removing it altogether. With the right pilot jet and sound starting procedures, starting shouldn't be a problem.

gearhead400
05-06-2006, 12:00 PM
i would just remove the choke if i were you. There's a good article in the........article....section. Improves air flow a bit and you wont have to worry about the choke turning it self on.

jak1389
05-06-2006, 01:39 PM
i am deffaintly considering removing the choke, but i didnt want to do that until i got my jetting down.