PDA

View Full Version : Wow, The Best Hare Scrambles In The Northeast May 13 & 14!

Dale@AGP
05-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Round#3 of the Atlantic Grand Prix Series Scheduled for Saturday and Sunday May 13 and 14 at North American WarHorse in Dunmore!

Minicycles, Motorcycles and PIT BIKE Races on Saturday May 13
Youth and Adult Quad Races on Sunday May 14.

I just got back in from working on the revised course and it’s is awesome! It’s technical ands challenging and not all beat to crap like all the other Northeastern tracks.

What really surprised me was how the course went from being virgin woods trails to probably the best hare scrambles course in the Northeast.

A lot of the rocks that we had either got pushed off the course or pounded down into the ground. We still have a few rock gardens, but all of those are really short.

The adult cross country course for both Quads and Bikes was shortened to below 8 miles in length. The trails are all NEW and are all MX quad wide. The terrain is a combination of 80% dirt and 20% rocks, again most of it is all new stuff.

This event is going to be more cross country in nature than our Barnegat event back on April 2 so be prepared.

The start is on an asphalt parking lot right behind the largest Power sports shop east of the Mississippi and there’s plenty of parking for all!

Also if you have friends that don’t want to race, but would be interested in being a course worker for the day, We invite them to bring there Quad and we’ll give them a green vest and they can go up on the course with their quad and lend a hand as well as watch the event up on the mountain.

Again, hope to see you all out there on the weekend of May 13 and 14

Dale Freitas
Director of the Atlantic Grand Prix Series
http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

The schedule for both Saturday and Sunday is as follows:

Saturday May 13 2006 Minicycles, Motorcycles and PIT BIKE Races
Youth Peewee 10:00am:
Youth Mini Cycle 11:00am
Adult Motorcycle 12:30pm
Adult Pit Bike Race 3:00pm

Sunday May 14 2006 Youth ATV and Adult ATV Races
Youth ATV 10:00am:
Novice ATV 11:00am
Pro, A and ATV Sunday 1:00pm

Derno24
05-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Cool track and excellent host. I'll be there!

Dale@AGP
05-09-2006, 05:53 AM
Only a few days away from Mother's Day Mayhem at North American Warhorse.

It looks like we’re going to be getting some rain on Thursday and Friday so dust at the start shouldn’t be a problem.

We’ve changed the course so that the fast guys should be doing 25 minute laps.

Also we have no Woop-de-doos!

This is going to be a really cool event.

Dale

Derno24
05-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Wife is mad, but I will be there!

jlhughes750
05-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
Wife is mad, but I will be there!

thats low!! ...congrats!!!!:devil:

Derno24
05-10-2006, 11:17 AM
As long as you aren't planning on beating me up I'm good.:blah:

Dale@AGP
05-11-2006, 06:29 AM
OK, only a couple of days away from Mother's Day Mayhem at North American Warhorse.

It looks like we’re going to be getting some rain on Thursday and Friday so dust at the start shouldn’t be a problem.

We’ve changed the course so that the fast guys should be doing 25 minute laps.

Also we have no Woop-de-doos!

This is going to be a really cool event.

Dale

Karizz
05-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I'll be there .:D I heard Chris Borich will be there too !

Dale@AGP
05-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks Dave,

I'm also going to be making an announcement this weekend about the future of the series.

After a lot of soul searching and feed back from the racers we've decided to make some major changes.

This series is for you guys and I really want to make it the best that it can be.

Again if there's something you want changed let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate it

Dale

Dale@AGP
05-12-2006, 09:38 PM
I just got in from revising a lot of the course a little while ago.

The rain did a nice job without flooding the course.

We took out some of the rocky sections and shortened up the course by about a mile.

The section coming back in has been changed and we eliminated the BS rocks there.

I think everyone is going to be very surprised and pleased with what we did

I know it's Mother's day, but I hope to see you all there this weekend.

Dale

Karizz
05-13-2006, 11:02 AM
just confirmed, Sean Niedlinger is coming!

joedirt
05-13-2006, 02:19 PM
If Sean's going I'm stayin home.

QuadRacer041
05-13-2006, 02:47 PM
c yea there.

cdrookie
05-13-2006, 06:07 PM
any updates on track conditions? alot of rain today, not sure how much they got up there? i have no front fenders and riding through a swamp wouldn't be too much fun:(

Dale@AGP
05-13-2006, 06:51 PM
The course was getting dusty at the end of the bike event today, even though we got a lot of rain Thursday night.

We took out a lot of the rocky stuff yesterday and coments today were that it was a night and day difference from the course two weeks ago.

We had a light shower that lasted a couple of hours this afternoon that started at around 5:00pm this afternoon.

National Weather Service Scranton Weather: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Scranton&state=PA&site=BGM

It didn't drop a ton of water and should keep the dust down for the Quad races on Sunday.

Hope to see all of you because this is going to be a really nice race.

Dale.