PDA

View Full Version : 06 moose flex bars control problem. Any help?

atvdude
05-06-2006, 02:39 AM
I have an 06 450er and recently bought the moose flex bars. when i tried to install them i had a major problem trying to fit all my controls on. i have powermad gaurds i want to put on also. the stock bars have 9 inches of area where the fatt bars only have 8. i had the shop call and see if tag and other fatt bars are the same and they where. How are all you 06 450r owners fitting all you controls on the fatt bar style handlebars?? the 06 throttle is huge and that is also part of the problem. Ide change it out with an 04/05 model but i need that throttle position sensor that the 06 is set up with. Well any help would be great and pictures also. thanks

BALZOUT ATV
05-06-2006, 07:23 AM
You should be able to get them on, I got everything on mine and i got flexx bars which have less area I think.

ryann mx68
05-06-2006, 01:16 PM
i have the same bars, powermadds and had same problem.

i switched out my throttle assy for an 05 thumb throttle. the 06 throttle sucks and is the size of a boat. try to find 1 on here or ebay, if you order it from honda you have to get each peice separatly [it doesnt come as 1 part]

follow those wires to the harness junction, cut the wires with 2 inches left, solder the ends together. if you dont connect the wires together, it will start and idle, but if you try and give it gas it will die.

i will try to get some pics later on

atvdude
05-06-2006, 04:55 PM
I really hate to not utilize the throttle position sensor. wont this affect performance by soldering the wires together. I believe this acts as a Potentiometer that sends differant amounts of voltage to the brain box for engine synchronization. Does anyone know the effects to the motor from soldering them together to avoid the huge throttle unit. Is there anyway to reposition the TPS to a smaller throttle unit?

ryann mx68
05-06-2006, 06:48 PM
you can try searching the subject. there was alot of threads on this when it first came out w/ fcr carb.

also the yammie riders have been doing it for a couple of years, when they switch out stock yamaha throttle for a honda oem on their yfz's.

***the tps wires are on the carb****,

the wires on the thumb throttle are a safety switch [not tps].