PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with kids these days?!?!?

Scro
05-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Here's the story. My little sister, who just turned 19 yesterday, has had this same boyfriend since she was in the 7th grade. Well, all through highschool she's telling everyone that they are going to get married and this and that. I was cool with all that since it was just "talk", plus he's the type that would very possibly be bringing in mega bucks one day(Metallurgical Engineering)

About 5 months ago, they broke up. The reason was she wanted to see what else was out there and she was tired of him. After all, he was the only boyfriend she had ever had.

OK...2 months after the breakup, she meets this guy that I have known my entire life. They start out fine, but then things start accelerating really fast. I was fine with that since he was in college and all and on the right track.

But, within three months he quits school, gets a job at the electrical department trimming trees:rolleyes:, and bought a 2 carat diamond ring. Last night he proposed, and she accepted. And she just thinks she is just head over heels in love with, saying that she is ready to spend the rest of her life with her true love

What gets me is, it took her 5 years to realize she didn't want her "previous love", how can she know that this new guy is what she wants after just 3 months?

Sorry guys, had to vent. I understand if it's too much to read...lol.

WhiteYFZ
05-05-2006, 10:40 PM
well idn what to tell ya im 14, but WOW :eek:

Scro
05-05-2006, 10:44 PM
And the bad thing is, I'm the only one in my damn family that realizes she is making a HUGE mistake.

My parents have both been married three times, you would think that they would a little better advise than,"Oh, I'm so happy for you":mad:

WhiteYFZ
05-05-2006, 10:44 PM
do ur parents like the kid?
3 monts sounds kinda short, but then again, im 14 so i dont know to much..

Scro
05-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah, they like him. Hell, I like him. It's just that they are trying to cross a bridge they haven't even got to yet.:scary:

WhiteYFZ
05-05-2006, 10:56 PM
yea i hear ya..
so is this kid like ur best friend? or u know him?

wheeltrax
05-05-2006, 11:26 PM
thats one of the reasons the divorce rate is so high these days too. people meet someone for a few months and think they love that person and want to get married only to find out that they are not compatible with each other. Marriage really should take alot of consideration, and not be the first person you met drunk at a bar one night. It takes a long time to find out if you and that someone are really meant to be.

ak_stick
05-06-2006, 02:14 AM
I dont know, if you look at the past, people got married earlier and got divorced waaaay less.

If he's happy and she's happy, let em be happy togeather, if down the road it doesn't work, so be it. Its not your place to choose for either of em.

All in all, I wish em the best!

MR.BIG
05-06-2006, 06:07 AM
How old is the boyfriend? Young and dumb is what it comes down to. 19 is way to early to get married in my opinion. You really can't do anything but sit back and let her be happy!

bad01300ex
05-06-2006, 06:52 AM
heres what happened, her other B/F was most likely her "first", and after that, girls tend to let things happen a little quicker boy by boy, NOT sayin that your sister is slutty or anything, that just what ive noticed umong girls these days

so then she gives it up quicker to the next guy, and gets attached too him, its only a matter of time before she gets tired of him as well........

Scro
05-06-2006, 08:11 AM
The boyfriend is 20 and I wasn't the best of friends with him, but we got along. And thing is, both her and the first boyfriend were virgins and wanted to wait until marriage.

However, I think this guy was her first. I am afraid that is why she is so in love with him and wants to get hitched is because she did loose it to him.

I realize that I can't do anything but be happy for her, but damn she needs to wake up!

bulkdriverlp
05-06-2006, 08:51 AM
big mistake i think. you should live with the person for a year before you get married. a lot of couples are in love and all excited and get married, then move in together and end up in divorce court. that is not enough time if you ask me, dont think it will last. jmo

MR.BIG
05-06-2006, 09:27 AM
I myself had a virgin and once you get them they do fall in love pretty hardcore. I would just let her live and learn otherwise it might cause a problem between you two. She is suppose to listen to her older brother.

Scro
05-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Yeah, she is the type that gets mad if the advice you give her is not what she wants to hear:ermm:

cchrider
05-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Well I can kinda see what you are saying. My sister is 18 and has had the same and only boyfriend for 2 years now. He is very contolling and basically she has to basically tell him every single thing she does. LOl, I dont know what it will take to realize that the guys a weirdo. LOL!!

miller821
05-06-2006, 12:20 PM
My bro just got married in dec. and he is 18 still....

ZeroLogic
05-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Try talking to her about and and the guy also. 19 is way to young to get married and its only her second boyfriends also.