PDA

View Full Version : 2006 GNCC Series Round #6 - Show Time - Preview & Live Coverage

Admin
05-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Seymour, MO - The Missouri and Iowa racers asked for it, and they finally got their wish with Round #6 of GNCC Series crossing the Mississippi for one weekend, and with Duane Johnson on fire the past few rounds by just missing the podium, the home state turf maybe what the doctor ordered for this up and coming rider.

One thing is for sure, everyone better be extremely careful this weekend because it definitely one of the most challenging courses of the year with Loretta Lynn’s appearing as a warm-up for the 11 mile track through the mountains of Missouri. Yes, I said “Mountains” because this track has as many elevation changes as riders will see at the Wisp, and the hillclimbs are super long and steep with some breath taking downhill that have some intense drop offs, which will really test the skills of even the best riders. Also, there a several river crossing and some freshly cut virgin trails, which will give newcomers to GNCC racing a taste of the style tracks that were common in the past.

The weather today was beautiful, but the 4 inches of rain that fell Wednesday into Thursday turned the grass fields into mud pit with the ground feeling like a sponge, and it sucked up any vehicle with any weight, which required almost everyone with a rig to be pulled into the field.

Admin
05-05-2006, 09:56 PM
When the Yamaha Rig was finally pulled into place, it was buried up to its axles in mud, and the bad news is more rain is on the way tomorrow night. Hopefully, the rain will hold off for the ATV racing because the track would be insane in sections if it does rain, but regardless, it will be extremely fun to pull out the big rigs on Sunday because it took three bulldozers to pull them into the field.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:00 PM
New tires will be a must this weekend for the hill climbs, and unfortunately the tires will probably be destroyed after just one race because of all the rocks, but they aren’t anything like those of Rausch Creek that will destroy your ATV. Instead they are like #2 gravel for a driveway, and it looks like they were dumped on the track, but they are natural to the area.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Big John has finally made it “Big” as he now has his own sticker kit for his Utility, lol

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Even with outrageous gas prices, the long trip doesn’t seem to have deterred many for missing this round of the GNCC Series as there were plenty of racers from as far away as New Jersey and even Florida. Also, this weekend the Youth ATV race will kick off the day of racing on a shortened version of the track, which will be extremely technical for these young riders.

The tech line was kept busy through the evening with a steady stream of vehicles pulling in for the race.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:07 PM
With a race finally close to home, ATVriders.com long time sponsor, C&D Racing’s Colby & Dusty made the trip from Nebraska.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Lets take a look at the track, and it won’t take long for the riders to get wet and covered in mud especially in the morning with a huge puddle waiting in the first turn.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:11 PM
The water puddle in turn one is nothing compared to the mud pit that follows.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Then it is on to some freshly cut sections of the track.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:16 PM
The grass fields are quickly replaced with rocks and steep downhills and climbs with this section having a bypass

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Most of the track is fairly wide for some passing, but you better be careful because there are plenty of stumps along the track, which will send you sailing over the bars.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:19 PM
This is a down hill section into the creek below, and the photo just doesn’t give this section justice because it will surely have a few riders flipping down it and getting a bath before the day is over tomorrow.

Admin
05-05-2006, 10:23 PM
I will conclude the preview with a view at one of the many sections of trail that zigzag along and through river.

I have uploaded a small photo gallery, and here is the link

Showtime! GNCC Preview Photo Gallery (http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006gncc06showtimepreviewatvrace/index.html)

renae
05-06-2006, 07:19 AM
Cell phone reception is really bad. Please be patient with me on this.

renae
05-06-2006, 07:19 AM
On lap one Cheyne Gravley got out front first. But it didn’t take Walker Fowler long to pass he is now in first.

renae
05-06-2006, 07:20 AM
In the production limited (11-15) Brandon Boso is in the lead.

renae
05-06-2006, 07:21 AM
It is really hard to tell who is who out there.

renae
05-06-2006, 08:42 AM
On the final lap Walker Fowler hit a tree. And that allowed Cheyne Gravley to close up the gap.

renae
05-06-2006, 08:42 AM
Then Walker Fowler popped his chain and Cheyne Gravley got passed him and took the win.

renae
05-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Walker Fowler took second and Kyle Riley took third.

renae
05-06-2006, 08:44 AM
In the (11-15) Stock Ltd. Jodi Stracham won with Brandon Boso coming in second.

renae
05-06-2006, 08:44 AM
The Morning race is just about to start will let you all know who gets the hole shot as soon as I know.

kchristine
05-06-2006, 09:17 AM
I wish someone would tell me who won the 70cc kids class.My son Brayden usually is there for that class but we were unable to go.He is diing to know who was there and how they did.

Hazzler
05-06-2006, 09:20 AM
look forward to updates on these classes.thanks in advance

cxpress
05-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Do we have a am start yet:rolleyes:

cxpress
05-06-2006, 10:34 AM
I will check back later . :(

renae
05-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Ok sorry for the delay I just heard from Harlen. These are the unofficial race results. It was a all Utility Podium.
1. Brock Parker
2. Cliffton Beasley
3. Chad Hill

renae
05-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Tracy and Angel battled the whole race.

renae
05-06-2006, 11:43 AM
John Gallagher Sr. won the Super Senior.

renae
05-06-2006, 11:44 AM
The track was brutal it is raining and the track is slick and rutted.

renae
05-06-2006, 11:45 AM
The unofficial results

Novice C 29 + Christopher Cox won

Novice C 35 + Aaron DeLancey won

Novice C 16-21 Kevin Wallpe won

Novice C 22 + Scott Bush won

Women
1. Angel Atwell
2. Lexie Koulter
3. Traci Cecco

Utility Mod.
1. Brock Parker
2. Cliffton Beasley

Utility Stock
1. Chad Hill

Utility Unlimited
1. Michael Shelley

renae
05-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Top Ten Overall
1. Brock Parker
2. Cliffton Beasley
3. Chad Hill
4. Scott Kilby
5. Angel Atwell
6. John Gallagher
7. Lexie Koulter
8. Scott Bush
9. Traci Cecco
10. Michael Shelly

renae
05-06-2006, 11:47 AM
The Afternoon race will be underway here in a few minutes. I will keep you updated as the calls come in from Harlen.

renae
05-06-2006, 12:42 PM
It is just pouring at the track it is very brutal out there. The attendance today is very good there is about 450 riders total for the day, 50 youth riders, 200 in the morning race and about 200 in the afternoon race.

renae
05-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Anyone not out front today is covered in mud.

renae
05-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Matt Smiley got the hole shot on his Polaris.

renae
05-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Brent Sturdivant jumped to Pro this weekend after finishing 1st in the Pro Am two weeks ago.

renae
05-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Harlen said he will try to have all the results posted tonight by 6 or 7.

renae
05-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I will not have anymore updates for about 45 min.

renae
05-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Harlen called me back sooner than he thought.

renae
05-06-2006, 01:12 PM
On lap one Chris Jenks is in the lead for the overall.

renae
05-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Bill Ballance and Chris Borich are back in the pack. Ballance and Borich both stopped and pitted. While pitting Balance was looking down at his machine like he was having problems.

renae
05-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Brandon Ballance is in 3rd place. Not sure who is in 2nd.

cxpress
05-06-2006, 01:40 PM
ANY WORD ON HOUSTON OR BIFFLE OR JOHNSON

oldracer
05-06-2006, 02:05 PM
burrows-johnson ???

quadracer12
05-06-2006, 02:13 PM
wish harlen would call ya we should have a winner by now.

cxpress
05-06-2006, 02:23 PM
RENAE I WILL CHECK BACK IN A WILE WITH YOU
FOR A UP DATE THANK YOU FOR HELPING OUT
THIS WEEKEND .

DeCesare Racing
05-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Can you provide any information on the Open A riders - top 5 at this point?

cxpress
05-06-2006, 02:39 PM
we should be close to the end
any word from the track yet:o

xcountry
05-06-2006, 02:48 PM
jenks
borich
mcgill

atvpitchick
05-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Will you have all the final results posted by 6pm EST?

cxpress
05-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Have u heard anything about Bithel or Houston

renae
05-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Chris Jenks ran away with it and took the overall.

renae
05-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Chris Borich took second and Adam Mcgill to third overall.

renae
05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
It is still raining and they were having to spray water on the riders goggles and helmets so they could see and read the bar codes.

renae
05-06-2006, 04:07 PM
That is all I have for now till I hear more.

renae
05-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by atvpitchick
Will you have all the final results posted by 6pm EST?

Not sure he just said 6 or 7 tonight.

cxpress
05-06-2006, 05:17 PM
What did bithel or houston do in the race??????????

renae
05-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by cxpress
What did bithel or houston do in the race??????????

I don't know I haven't heard anything else from Harlen since the last update.

Admin
05-06-2006, 06:12 PM
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200606youthatvresultsclass.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Youth ATV Results By Class</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200606youthatvresultsoverall.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Youth ATV Overall Results</font></a> </li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200606morningatvresultsclass.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Results By Class</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200606morningatvresultsoverall.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Overall Results</font></a> </li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200606afternoonatvresultsclass.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Afternoon ATV Results By Class</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/gncc200606afternoonatvresultsoverall.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Afternoon ATV Overall Results</font></a> </li>

Admin
05-06-2006, 07:05 PM
With rain clouds on the horizon, the youth race was spared, and it was one of the most exciting races of the season as Cheyne Gravley jumped out to the early lead to only be tracked down by Walker Fowler, but for once, luck was on the side of Gravley as he was able to regain the lead in the final lap to take the overall win after Walker Fowler wrecked and derailed his chain, which dropped him back to his first second place finish of the season. The final podium spot went to 90 Mod (8-10) winner, Kyle Riley, which was the first time this year an (8-10) year old made the podium. Riley was on a mission as he checked out on his class and won with over 6 minutes to spare over Michael Ferraro in 2nd place and 15th overall.

Jodi Stracham was able to edge out Brandon Boso to take the win. Boso lead early on in the race, but a flat tire slowed him down, which gave Stracham the opportunity she needed to take the win. Kyle Hellyer would take the win in the 90 Stock Limited over Dustin Adams, and Michael Mussi was once again the winner in the 70cc Production class

It starting raining halfway through the morning race and rained the entire day, which turned the track into a muddy mess, and with the huge hill climbs and rocky terrain horse power was key and four wheel drive didn’t hurt either, which gave the utility riders a huge advantage in the morning as they dominated. Brock Parker was a man on a mission and worked his way to the front with a 3 minute overall lead over Clifton Beasaly in second overall with Utility Stock Rider, Chad Hill taking the final podium spot.

There was an intense battle for the lead early in the 1st lap between Traci Cecco and Angel Atwell for the Women’s Class lead, but Angel would eventually be able to pull away from Traci and take her second win of the season with Lexie Coulter surprising everyone by also working her way past Traci Cecco to finish in the runners up spot.

John Gallagher would run away with the win in the Super Senior Class as the Polaris Outlaw’s independent rear suspension was right at home on the rocky and rough Showtime! Track.

Several C Class riders also shined this weekend with Scott Bush, Kevin Wallpe, Nathan Beyers, and Aaron Delancey all winning their respective class and finishing in the top 20 overall.

In the Afternoon, Factory Polaris Rider, Matt Smiley grabbed the Holeshot, but less than a mile later he stalled his Polaris and couldn’t get it started, which sent him to the rear of the pack. By the end of the first lap, Chris Jenks would work his way to the front pack and he would remain end the front for the majority of the second lap, and then he would check out on everyone and go on to win the overall with over 3 minutes to spare.

Chris Borich would finish in the runners spot after working his way through the pack after starting near the rear. After the first lap, he was forced to stop for a lengthy pit stop from being blast with mud as he worked his way through the pack, but after he had fresh goggles and gloves, he took off in 11th place and was able to leap his way up into 2nd place by the end of the second lap where he stayed for the rest of the race.

Brent Sturdivant made the switch to the Pro Class, and he charged his way into 3rd overall in the 3rd lap and held it until 7 miles into the final lap when he ran into problems, which dropped him back to 5th place. Adam McGill was able to capitalize on the situation and take over the third and final podium spot with Bill Ballance moving up into 4th place in the final lap after dealing with a twisted steering stem, which he suffered early in the first lap.

William Yokley would finish only a few seconds behind Ballance in 6th place, and Bryan Cook overcame adversity to finish his first race of the season in 7th overall. Cook almost didn’t even make the race due to a last minute mechanical problem with his Honda, but he worked on it into Thursday Evening and finally was able to fix it and make the long trip from North Carolina to Missouri.

Joshua Ribley finished in 8th place with the Missouri boy’s Bryan Baker and Duane Johnson rounding out the top 10 overall for the weekend.

The top Amateur in the Afternoon was Donald Ockerman finishing 13th Overall and winning the 4 Stroke A Class. Former Stock Class racers, Tyler Lenig and Jarrod McClure finished back to back in the Pro Am Class in 14th and 15th Overall.

jshtex
05-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Don't be "suprised" by Lexie Coulter.

With limited backing she is working hard to make a name for herself.

Way to go Lexie, we are all proud of you!!!

jdwxv3
05-06-2006, 08:35 PM
The race was tough. All that rain for the afternoon really hurt a bunch of riders. I sat in bottle necks for literally 45min on some hills. Not much a person can do when the track gets 6" of rain the week of the race and then probaly another 1/2"-1" during the afternoon race. Oh well I hope that it comes back next year with some better weather and a better turn out. I am sure the weather and the gas prices combined really affected the turnout. Anyway, hope to see some of you all next year. Later, Josh

400exmom
05-07-2006, 05:07 AM
I wish EVERY GNCC race was at a new location!!!

hope everyone check'd themselves for ticks! i found 2 on me:ermm:

its to bad it had to rain for the afternoon guys the morning track was a BLAST!!!:)

Admin
05-07-2006, 09:28 AM
The Photo Galleries have been uploaded from all three races

<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006gncc06showtimeyouthatvrace/index.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Youth ATV Race Photos</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006gncc06showtimemorningatvrace/index.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Morning ATV Race Photos</font></a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.atvriders.com/gallery/2006gncc06showtimeafternoonatvrace/index.html"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Afternoon ATV Race Photos</font></a></li>

geogeorge
05-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Harlen thank you for coming and the great job you did and do with covering the GNCC races.

I also wont to say thank you to al the people that made the trip to the SHow ME State to race. I'm just sorry more did not give Missouri the respect we give you and make the trip we so often make going east.

Glade I could meet the ones that did retrun the faver and hope to see you all again soon.

Geoff

joedirt
05-07-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't think it's so much as giving mo. respect or doing favors.
Just some people can't afford to run the whole series.

We made the 1100 mile trip, too bad it rained.

geogeorge
05-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
I don't think it's so much as giving mo. respect or doing favors.
Just some people can't afford to run the whole series.

We made the 1100 mile trip, too bad it rained.

Thank you for comeing and hope you had fun. That is a heck of a drive.

jb500ex
05-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
Harlen thank you for coming and the great job you did and do with covering the GNCC races.

I also wont to say thank you to al the people that made the trip to the SHow ME State to race. I'm just sorry more did not give Missouri the respect we give you and make the trip we so often make going east.

Glade I could meet the ones that did retrun the faver and hope to see you all again soon.

Geoff
i find this to be funny, i doubt your area travels more people to the rest of the races as made it to mo. Also you should blame your local area, all gncc races rely on the local districts for attendance. Many races have been canceled for lack of local support and i wouldn't doubt if mo becomes one of them. They only had a little over 200 bikes on sunday between morning and afternoon and 400 quads. Your area is always complaining lack of respect but you didn't do anything too change that with this race.

jdwxv3
05-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
i find this to be funny, i doubt your area travels more people to the rest of the races as made it to mo. Also you should blame your local area, all gncc races rely on the local districts for attendance. Many races have been canceled for lack of local support and i wouldn't doubt if mo becomes one of them. They only had a little over 200 bikes on sunday between morning and afternoon and 400 quads. Your area is always complaining lack of respect but you didn't do anything too change that with this race.

Come back next year with some better weather and the turnout will be a lot better. They were physically turning the bikes away until 7pm so they could get the quad people out. Trust me this was a freak deal. Our local races ussually have around 150-200 quads and around 250 dirt bikes. 6 inches of rain the week before and probaly 1/2"-1" the day of hurts a lot. I hope we get a chance to have this race again. I am going to recruit as many people as I can to race. The turn out or lack of turn out by the Mo guys really pissed me off. Well see you all later, Josh

05-08-2006, 06:33 PM
He jdw empty ur mailbox i need to send u a meesage but hear is u get this

ok just give me a day or two to settle these deal with a guy to buy his shocks okay?

also the price is 140 plus shipping correct?

geogeorge
05-08-2006, 06:33 PM

Over 1/3 of the racers on saturday were so called local riders. Show me any other first year GNCC that pulled that kind of local support. For that matter what GNCC pulls over 30% local now?

I feel let down by the Bike riders but its true they were trunning them away and given the fact that a bike races was cancled last year do to rain I can see why the bike numbers were down. Also I will admit it the local two wheel riders did not show up in as big numbers as I would have like them to but that also goes for the GNCC ones as well.

Weather aside we offered a great place lots of parking and a track that was every bit as good as Ironman or larettas to race on. This track challegend the best of the best I'm just sorry more of the regular GNCC rides did not or were not able to come.

I feel as prode of our race as any of you who have one in your state feel about it. How whould you all feel if the shoe were on the other foot? Just think about that before you jump my back too bad.

jb500ex
05-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
Over 1/3 of the racers on saturday were so called local riders. Show me any other first year GNCC that pulled that kind of local support. For that matter what GNCC pulls over 30% local now?

I feel let down by the Bike riders but its true they were trunning them away and given the fact that a bike races was cancled last year do to rain I can see why the bike numbers were down. Also I will admit it the local two wheel riders did not show up in as big numbers as I would have like them to but that also goes for the GNCC ones as well.

Weather aside we offered a great place lots of parking and a track that was every bit as good as Ironman or larettas to race on. This track challegend the best of the best I'm just sorry more of the regular GNCC rides did not or were not able to come.

I feel as prode of our race as any of you who have one in your state feel about it. How whould you all feel if the shoe were on the other foot? Just think about that before you jump my back too bad.

unadilla, had more than 1000 more people for a first year race last year. and was the largest gncc ever, and it was a first year race. where did all those people come from missouri

geogeorge
05-08-2006, 06:55 PM
unadilla, had more than 1000 more people for a first year race last year. and was the largest gncc ever, and it was a first year race. where did all those people come from missouri

Were 500 of the riders from the local series?

or was it that lots of riders did not have to drive 8, 10, 12 or more hours to race it? Did they have 6 inches of rain two days before the race?

As for the number of MO riders 15 to 20 (that is just quad riders)with out looking up the numbers I would say. Because that is what goes to all the GNCC races now. So it 15 to 20 riders all came from all the other states that have GNCC now or are closer then we would have had 225 more riders on Saterday alone. Go with about the same numbers for Sunday We would have had some were around 1050 t0 1100 total for the weekend.

All just guesses because no one knows but if all the GNCC riders were as deadacated s the ones that did show up it shure would have been nice.

One last thing for the small number of full time GNCC riders MO has our boys seem to do very well.

jb500ex
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
yeah and the unadilla race had over 1700 people so your still far behind. unadilla had over 1000 more people then mo, not 1000 people

Johnny & Monica
05-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Well I for one was really let down by the turnout. Don't get me wrong we had blast we always do at the races. I thought this race was going to be huge with Tx Ar Ok Mo Ia Ks being able to join in on the attendance. I believe money is really tight this year for alot of people. I think the attendance at all the races has been down from last year. I also think that alot of the locals chose not race because they didn't have an ATVA card. Missouri doesn't require one so they probably didn't want to spend the xtra money for one race. Gas prices and the weather also played a factor in it all.I know we have cut our racing way back. This time last year we had 10 races under our belt, this year 3. We followed 2 series' last year and lots of other races in between. We can't do it this year. Just my thoughts on it all. I don't think we all need to get into a war again about who travels and who doesn't and who does this and who does that. The main thing here is that we all love racing and what would we do if we didn't have that.:D

jacobw
05-09-2006, 03:42 PM
How do you get to race in the gncc class if you are not 16 yet? Like if you are a B rider already and not 16? Just asking

Johnny & Monica
05-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by jacobw
How do you get to race in the gncc class if you are not 16 yet? Like if you are a B rider already and not 16? Just asking

On a 90cc There are no exceptions:D

jacobw
05-09-2006, 04:19 PM
yeah but it wasnt in the 90cc class lol or an age class suprised there wasnt a protest:D

DanW
05-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Well I for one was really let down by the turnout. Don't get me wrong we had blast we always do at the races. I thought this race was going to be huge with Tx Ar Ok Mo Ia Ks being able to join in on the attendance. I believe money is really tight this year for alot of people. I think the attendance at all the races has been down from last year. I also think that alot of the locals chose not race because they didn't have an ATVA card. Missouri doesn't require one so they probably didn't want to spend the xtra money for one race. Gas prices and the weather also played a factor in it all.I know we have cut our racing way back. This time last year we had 10 races under our belt, this year 3. We followed 2 series' last year and lots of other races in between. We can't do it this year. Just my thoughts on it all. I don't think we all need to get into a war again about who travels and who doesn't and who does this and who does that. The main thing here is that we all love racing and what would we do if we didn't have that.:D

That was beautiful Johnny. :eek2:

Johnny & Monica
05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by DanW
That was beautiful Johnny. :eek2:

Sorry Dan , Monica

yoshz400rider
05-09-2006, 11:04 PM
you cant convince me gas prices and weather lorettas had a flood they ended up with 1,209 people. It was friggin snowing in Steele Creek they had 1,311 racers how many did Mo you ask 636. Wow was this a national race for dirtbikes 244 bikes GA had double that just in the morning race alone sorry guys quads are only half the series racer productions spent a lot of money to drive all that way they are based in WV and get such a small turnout dont care if they were turning away people or not they do that alot you were either commited to go or not. This race will not be back next year mark my words if you are making a business decision and you are losing 20,000 bucks why would you go back?? The second smallest GNCC was the Big Buck and it still had 1,033 riders over 300 more than MO. It wasnt the MO turnout was that bad it was the surronding states how many people from IA showed up want to know 10 on quads and not a friggin one on dirtbikes not one. Think when they hold a race in NC people from VA WV SC TN KY dont show up its not the local state itself it is the surrounding area. The turnout from states like Iowa,Oklahoma,Texas,Kansas and Arkansas was a joke I dont care what you say about money money is tight for everyone with gas but you get a GNCC that is resonably close to you find a way to get there and support it or you dont care if it comes back. The problem is most people that follow the series are PA OH WV TN KY IN they ask us to drive to FL GA NY and know MO yet they dont have a race in PA or WV????????????? Sorry guys your buddies blew it big time.

QUADROOKIE
05-10-2006, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by yoshz400rider
you cant convince me gas prices and weather lorettas had a flood they ended up with 1,209 people. It was friggin snowing in Steele Creek they had 1,311 racers how many did Mo you ask 636. Wow was this a national race for dirtbikes 244 bikes GA had double that just in the morning race alone sorry guys quads are only half the series racer productions spent a lot of money to drive all that way they are based in WV and get such a small turnout dont care if they were turning away people or not they do that alot you were either commited to go or not. This race will not be back next year mark my words if you are making a business decision and you are losing 20,000 bucks why would you go back?? The second smallest GNCC was the Big Buck and it still had 1,033 riders over 300 more than MO. It wasnt the MO turnout was that bad it was the surronding states how many people from IA showed up want to know 10 on quads and not a friggin one on dirtbikes not one. Think when they hold a race in NC people from VA WV SC TN KY dont show up its not the local state itself it is the surrounding area. The turnout from states like Iowa,Oklahoma,Texas,Kansas and Arkansas was a joke I dont care what you say about money money is tight for everyone with gas but you get a GNCC that is resonably close to you find a way to get there and support it or you dont care if it comes back. The problem is most people that follow the series are PA OH WV TN KY IN they ask us to drive to FL GA NY and know MO yet they dont have a race in PA or WV????????????? Sorry guys your buddies blew it big time.

Sorry Johnny and guys, but yosh has some very good points. I was expecting about 30-40 Iowa guys myself. I really hope they do give it another try, but I wouldnt blame them if they didn't. I dont agree also that the weather was a big factor cuz the forecast I had said no rain til sunday, and it was dry saturday morning so maybe a slight affect due to the 6 inches through the week, but I don't know. I wish it would have turned out better but its over now and we just have to wait and see for next year.

Johnny & Monica
05-10-2006, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't blame them if they didn't come back next year either. I do think it was a combination of all the things I previously said though that contributed to the low turnout. Maybe only a handful of us from the midwest are die hard race fans. Who knows?? If they come back we'll all be there again. I believe all the Missouri racers that did show up were completely let down and embarrassed by the low turn out.

Yosh, How many GNCC's have you been to this year? Not picking at you just wondering why you've cut back your racing.

As far as my buddies letting me down. All my buds were there they didn't let anyone down. Like you said the surrounding states didn't show up. And as far as not having a race in PA or WV that is something you'll have to take up with RP.

bigb426ex
05-10-2006, 07:36 AM
I've heard they have already been promised a date next year. We have to get more people next year!!!!

yoshz400rider
05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I understand guys we all want one close. The reason I have cut down this year was like MO was during my finals week. NC my quad was down and I couldnt find anyone to go with me to TN.I will be at the Spartan and Wisp then the powerline park race and Ironman. Iwill have to miss the Penton do to my Aunt getting married. The problem I have is being in college it gets expensive just me and my brother going my parents help us out but it is still hard leaving thurs night getting there then getting back late sunday or monday because we stay for bikes. I just feel RP should put one race in each state for the top amount of racers like WV,OH PA NC TN KY IN as you can see they all have a race except for PA and WV. Then the other races you can stretch out and try some new spots. Like i said before I think the MO guys did show up it was the surrounding areas that really killed the turnout. I mean they had a Mid south down in Alabama that drew 600 dirtbikes why wouldnt those guys go check out the GNCC
I support ATV Racing by any means I can and next year we are donating our property to someone so they can put on a few local races there free of charge. I am impressed I think you MO guys are some real stand up guys. I promise if they have it next year and it isnt during my finals week I will make the trip down.

KO261
05-10-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm from Oklahoma and we only had about 15 quad riders in various classes drive up to race (myself included). This same group travels to all neighboring states and some beyond to make some of the bigger races ( GNCC, OMA, Maxxis 6 & 12 Hours) and some of our dirt bike racers in our local club also travel but not many.

Most of our local club members are just out for cheap fun with the family and not die hard racers. We've had a WORCS series race here and in Texas but the turnout for those were pathetic and they won't come back. The OMA series has had 2 races in Oklahoma and now we're down to one because of low turnout. It really sucks to get everyone pumped up to finally get a national race to come to your part of the country and only a few show up.

I hope the GNCC does come back to MO or TX !

DanW
05-10-2006, 12:40 PM
People may jump on me for this.

Reasons I didn't go.....

1. Because I would have had to put different numbers/different colored plates on. I hate changing that stuff! I have a number and a quad. If I have to change it every time I run a different series, then I'd rather not race it. I don't mind adding a "V" to my number, but I'm not changing everything out.

2. Because I would have to stand in long lines.

3. Because there was a district race 10 miles from my house.

I like many others just race for fun. If things take away from the fun, then I won't be there.

ttire
05-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Dan, your reasons stink.
1. you don't have to change # plates or backgrounds. just put tape over them, many people do it.
2. what kind of lines are you talking about? it took me less time to sign up there than it does at a mo. state race
3. i can't argue with 3, so 1 out of 3 excuses are legitimate.

QUADROOKIE
05-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ttire
Dan, your reasons stink.
1. you don't have to change # plates or backgrounds. just put tape over them, many people do it.
2. what kind of lines are you talking about? it took me less time to sign up there than it does at a mo. state race
3. i can't argue with 3, so 1 out of 3 excuses are legitimate.

dITTO!:D

DanW
05-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
dITTO!:D

Maybe I had the wrong impression? I thought that you had to change your background and numbers to fit your class. I also though that you had to stand in line for hours to sign up, and then again to get through tech. That shows how much I know.:D

jdwxv3
05-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Agggghhh this is making me mad. The 6 inches of rain did play a role. If RP comes back next year there will be a large turnout. I know alot of bike guys that did not race b/c of the weather. I know a lot of quad guys that wanted to watch. Next year. I would say we will have a big turnout. Probaly around 1,200 total. I am pissed at a lot of people who said they were going to come and didnt but 6in of rain thurs day and Friday and then rain forcasted on Saturday(ended up raing from about noon on as well). Plus there was a lot of normal GNCC racers that talked about not coming just so we would not have a large turnout so they could say I Told You So to rp. Anyway, I gotta go. See you all in Mo next year baby!!(I hope!) Later, Josh

jacobw
05-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Agggghhh this is making me mad. The 6 inches of rain did play a role. If RP comes back next year there will be a large turnout. I know alot of bike guys that did not race b/c of the weather. I know a lot of quad guys that wanted to watch. Next year. I would say we will have a big turnout. Probaly around 1,200 total. I am pissed at a lot of people who said they were going to come and didnt but 6in of rain thurs day and Friday and then rain forcasted on Saturday(ended up raing from about noon on as well). Plus there was a lot of normal GNCC racers that talked about not coming just so we would not have a large turnout so they could say I Told You So to rp. Anyway, I gotta go. See you all in Mo next year baby!!(I hope!) Later, Josh

I hear that josh everyone is kicking us in the nuts b/c we didnt have a record turnout and then using using places that have been on the gncc schedule for years that had lots of rain and compare it to a first year venue with 6 inches of rain. I know alot of riders that didnt drive from back east to make the race and they are the ones that are complaining about the turnout. I think we should be glad that we get to race and some governmental lobbyist isnt shutting racing down from the noise pollution. It will be better next year just wait and see. I talked to joe@RP and he told me they give a first year venue a second chance to bring the turnout up the next year before they move then venue somewhere else there will be another gncc next year in missouri you can count on it. NO matter what yoshz400rider says I talked to a RP worker and not going off speculation like yoshz400rider, I worked the checkpoint with him and we were talking about the gncc coming back to missouri next year:D I will be back to MHSC next year on a suprise machine just have to see how things unfold:blah:

Johnny & Monica
05-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Harlen has a few videos up........ http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/gnccatvracing2006.html

It sounds like for the most part the pros liked the Showtime track:D The Ballance brothers both said they were looking forward to returning next year.:D

yoshz400rider
05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
You really think there is going to be a 50 percent increase??? If that happens at first year places then unadilla will have 3400 racers this year yikes. You guys talked this race up before this year about how the turnout would be huge it wasnt so dont see it will be next year we will wait until this winter to see the schedule but honestly if you are RP and you are in a businees to make money you dont go back Texas never worked out neither will MO.

TomDnSC
05-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Nice Videos! Thanks for posting them.

jdwxv3
05-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I really do think there can be a 50% increase especially in the bikes. Several people have already said it will be back next year, and a few were really good sources. Besides the weather is what really really really hurt us. people saw the rain(at least the people who were realitivly close and did not have to leave until friday did) and rained all day Thursday, rained all day Friday, and rain was forcasted for Saturday as well. It took several dozers hooked to each other just to get some of the big rigs in the place much less out after the soaking we got on Saturday.

People have mentioned co-sanctioning the Mo series with the Gncc for this one race next year so that might happen and if so then that will make most of the Mo racers race the gncc. Check out www.mhscracing.com our turnouts are ussually pretty good. Later, Josh

QUADROOKIE
05-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Maybe I had the wrong impression? I thought that you had to change your background and numbers to fit your class. I also though that you had to stand in line for hours to sign up, and then again to get through tech. That shows how much I know.:D
Dan, I had that impression as well. But I think it is all in your timing. You can wait if you want, or get there early or late. I signed in friday afternoon at about 5:00ish and it took me about 15 minutes, maybe 20. Then Teched at about 7:00 and waited maybe 20 minutes in line. Not bad at all. I guess if there were 500 more quads like at some GNCC's it may take a little longer tho LOL!

jdwxv3
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Those videos are pretty cool. Anyone who has not watched the afternoon and morning video you can watch it and see how awesome that track was.

jshtex
05-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
I really do think there can be a 50% increase especially in the bikes.

I say start getting people excited about it right now if you want it to come back.

I was lucky enough to have a race in my backyard (Texas) twice and we couldn't get it done. Texas is second only to California in the number of quads sold, and we have one of the largest XC bike state series in the nation (TCCRA) where they may have 900 riders for a normal event.

FWIW the turnout the first year was better than the second down here. So get out and start beating the bushes. The way it stands now MO is the closest one to us Texans.

rpmquad
05-11-2006, 08:46 PM
there were 4 of us from the nebraska / ia border area that made the trip :D ...turn out was bad and rain should not be used as a excuse for not going...we had just ran a mud race the week before in the iowa series...it took me all week to get my quad ready to go to mo and get it all muddy again lol i really could have done without it but when a gncc hits that close you have to go...the iron man has had bad weather every year i have gone...the past 2 we were pulled in and out of the pits...still good attendance....the quad racers tried to pull the #'s but the bike guys failed bad...but these are the same people who think that quads have ruined the pristene nature of there favorite ride parks lol...if mo looses the race it will be there fault lmao...get the stones ready boys and girls lol

geogeorge
05-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by jshtex
I say start getting people excited about it right now if you want it to come back.

I was lucky enough to have a race in my backyard (Texas) twice and we couldn't get it done. Texas is second only to California in the number of quads sold, and we have one of the largest XC bike state series in the nation (TCCRA) where they may have 900 riders for a normal event.

FWIW the turnout the first year was better than the second down here. So get out and start beating the bushes. The way it stands now MO is the closest one to us Texans.

I hope if they do come back the all the riders in TX will make the trip to MO for some good old GNCC fun. I know we would love you too. Not only so they keep coming back but also so we can show off what we have to offer in the area of racing and riding.

Again Thank you to everyone that made the trip to MO to race. WE loved having you and hope you will come back agian.

Man Now I sound like a travel giude don't I.

kawasaki2008
05-12-2006, 09:30 AM
anyone know if there is a gncc bike forum page? and anyone got videos?

bradley300
05-12-2006, 10:12 AM

the long lines kind of depend on what time you are there, the longest ive ever been in line to sign up is abut 20 minutes, usually its around 10 or less. and ive never had to wait more than 10 to get thru tech

kawasaki2008
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
What is the best 2006 GNCC race on DVD?