PDA

View Full Version : totally lost on jetting

thrasher_ex
05-05-2006, 07:57 PM
ok i have my carb tore apart and have abesouletly no idea of what to do now. I just need to make it a little richer. i have a k&n air filter, sparky out, power now plus valve to give you an idea of how much richer i need it. I dont know what to do at all from this point of having it apart. PLEASE HELP

thanks

Quadster450
05-05-2006, 10:46 PM
from what you say you have for mods it doesn't sound like you need to do all that much. try something like a 168 or so on the main, do a throttle chop, plug check and see what your plug looks like. Actually, you didn't even need to pull your carb apart to change the main, it's located directly underneath the carb, i think it's a 17 or 19 mm bolt or something like that. You do need to get inside if you want to change the needle. i've got a post under the "how to" section on how to change the needle. hth

Jonas
05-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Quadster450
from what you say you have for mods it doesn't sound like you need to do all that much. try something like a 168 or so on the main, do a throttle chop, plug check and see what your plug looks like. Actually, you didn't even need to pull your carb apart to change the main, it's located directly underneath the carb, i think it's a 17 or 19 mm bolt or something like that. You do need to get inside if you want to change the needle. i've got a post under the "how to" section on how to change the needle. hth

168 is a huge jump from stock???

MR.BIG
05-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Are you running an airbox lid? If you are you probably don't need to change the jetting at all. The power now doesn't effect jetting at all.

Chango
05-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Why do people tear stuff apart then ask questions ? You need to look before you leap.Why would you tear a whole carb apart to jet it ?

thrasher_ex
05-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Chango
Why do people tear stuff apart then ask questions ? You need to look before you leap.Why would you tear a whole carb apart to jet it ?

I figured trying was just as good a way of learning as any.

And thanks guys, I kept looking and finally found some threads on the site that helped.

N300exJ
05-07-2006, 08:39 AM
All you should need to do is bring the main jet up one or two from stock and play with your fuel screw.

Digsy
05-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I ran stock jetting with a K&N filter (lid on) and spark arrestor out with no problem. That was at sea level ...

Just out of interest, when I got my K&N powerlid & Yoshi I bought a Dynojet kit and went to 170 and third clip on the new needle (titanium - came with the kit). Both set-ups ran fine but the power jump was HUGE with the extra mods... Having trouble pulling wheelies now because the bike just wheelspins in the sand even with sand stars! :cool: