PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket parts for 06 250 ex

ntenzrj
05-05-2006, 04:35 PM
just wanting to know if the atv is worthy enough, for upgrades, and if there are a company , that is recomened. thanks rj

michael250
05-05-2006, 10:11 PM
i bought a 06 250 and i love it. it is a big difference from the earlier models. i put a fmf pipe and k&n filter and i felt a BIG difference in power. for exaple: before the upgrades i couldnt pull the quad up to do a wheelie in third gear and now the thing come right up with no trouble. its just a great quad.

06250ex
05-06-2006, 07:35 AM
yea its a good quad for beginners but im already gettin bored with it kinda. I put a full HMF exhaust, jet kit, and k&n filter with the lid off. This made a noticeable difference but the only other performance parts are white bros web cams and a bore kit but dont know if im going to put more money into it if im goin to sell it

michael250
05-06-2006, 04:07 PM
06250ex

where did u get the razor grpahics?

06250ex
05-06-2006, 04:10 PM
http://catalog.goforitgraphics.com/product_info.php/cPath/36_63/products_id/154

michael250
05-06-2006, 04:21 PM
thanks but do u have a pic of it. what color was your bike stock black or red. what color scheme did u go with the grahics? thnaks

06250ex
05-06-2006, 04:29 PM
i have the black 250ex and i got the black graphics and it has some white in it... ill get a pic up next week

michael250
05-06-2006, 05:00 PM
ok thanks

fmfracing5
05-12-2006, 10:12 PM
there are no aftermarket parts that will make a noticable diffrence besides a big bore kit which will cost you alot of money, so just sell your 250ex or take it back to the dealer and get your money back and buy a blaster or 300ex because 250ex are just a waste of money if your not 6 or 7 years old lol i bet 7year old kids get bored with it. Does the 06 finally have a manuel clutch on it or is it still semi auto?

06250ex
05-12-2006, 10:28 PM
the 06 has a sportclutch which is a manual clutch except stallproof- its a clutch for beginners

fmfracing5
05-13-2006, 11:31 AM
how old are you guys on these 250ex's

06250ex
05-13-2006, 11:36 AM
im 14 and just started ridin last year but ive already outgrown my 250 and want something else

michael250
05-13-2006, 02:01 PM
im 13 and been havein my 250 for like 4 months

michael250
05-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 06250ex
i have the black 250ex and i got the black graphics and it has some white in it... ill get a pic up next week

hey man get u can that pic im interested in the kit.thanks

fmfracing5
05-15-2006, 03:24 PM
you will all regret having a 250ex in a couple of months, i got a blaster last year and the thing is boring, so i got me a 250r and thats a handfull lol

trX250eXmXr28
05-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by fmfracing5
you will all regret having a 250ex in a couple of months, i got a blaster last year and the thing is boring, so i got me a 250r and thats a handfull lol

who are u? the person asked for parts not to bash his quad... i bet u dont even have a blaster or a 250r... leave the people alone and yes 250ex can be made fast.. i race a decked out 250 for a year befro getting my 300.... i beat blasters so shove it...

tot he person that wanted to kno bout parts...

pipe
airfilter
jetkit
wheels & tires
cam
high compression piston
possibly port and polish the head

thats bassically it ... after that u have to get the big bore kit to bump it up to a true 250cc's

stick with the 250.. deffinatly if ur a new rider... it will treat u good and never die on ya... it might not have the speed of the blaster or the 300ex out of the box but it does got a buttload of torque and can made to be pretty fast... stick with it

id take a 250ex over blaster anyway... because i kno the honda isent going to die on me... because its a honda.... and i dont gotta deal with the problems and responsabilities of a 2smoke

fmfracing5
05-15-2006, 10:59 PM
hahahhahahah theres no way a 250ex will ever beat a blaster inless the rider can get it out of first gear, ill put pics of my blaster up but i dont have any pics of the 250r will have some at my next race, They got like 3 more hp then a trx90 which in consider pretty damn bad, like i said there are absolutly no aftermarket parts besides big bore kits that will make you have anymore power. im curious to see your 250ex, did they change that ****ty rear suspension setup, go to the post pics of your blaster topic and my blaster is the last one, that was befor it had suspension and a-arms.

fmfracing5
05-15-2006, 11:02 PM
your talking about reliablilty now huh? lol dude to rebuild a 4stroke engine its about 500$ more then a 2stroke engine, look at 250r's people still have the original motors on them and they still run like a champ, 4strokes arnt even fun, theres nothing like the 2stroke powerband something you cant get on a 4stroke

Tri-valleyracin
05-16-2006, 04:14 AM
then why are the 450s ruling the tracks and why are all the classes dominated by 4 strokes? yes it is alot more to rebuild a 4stroke motor but they hardly break down and u dont have to rebiuld as much as a 2 stroke.

atvfrk10
05-16-2006, 05:54 PM
hahahhahahah theres no way a 250ex will ever beat a blaster inless the rider can get it out of first gear, ill put pics of my blaster up but i dont have any pics of the 250r will have some at my next race, They got like 3 more hp then a trx90 which in consider pretty damn bad, like i said there are absolutly no aftermarket parts besides big bore kits that will make you have anymore power. im curious to see your 250ex, did they change that ****ty rear suspension setup, go to the post pics of your blaster topic and my blaster is the last one, that was befor it had suspension and a-arms.

Well last year I raced a 250ex in the Central American ATV Series and got third overall. It may not have the top speed but can still be competitive with a good rider.

fmfracing5
05-17-2006, 04:55 PM
the reason why there are no more 2strokes in the pro class is because its called pro production now and must of the classes are production which means a 4wheeler that is still being made, the only 2stroke that your aloud to race a production call is a blaster which will woop on a 300ex but that all depends on the rider, and the new 450's are race engines meaning it will require more maintance then your regular 2stroke and thats a fact. my 250r is fast the most 4strokes out there, mod of mod 2strokes dominate its just riders choice, anyone can ride a 4stroke not everyone can ride a 2 stroke, riding a 4stroke is like walking riding a 2stroke is like riding a bull

fmfracing5
05-17-2006, 04:57 PM
and yes you have to be a great rider to come in that place with a 250ex, but it really seems like it was a beginners class or somthing with that 400ex l0l in less that was a 300ex with with 400ex plastic

atvfrk10
05-17-2006, 05:27 PM
actually it was just practice. I like that pic because it shows how wide the quad is. I rode in the 0-200 cc 2 stroke 0-350 cc 4 stroke

BlasterEaten250
05-17-2006, 07:33 PM
the reason why there are no more 2strokes in the pro class is because its called pro production now and must of the classes are production which means a 4wheeler that is still being made, the only 2stroke that your aloud to race a production call is a blaster which will woop on a 300ex but that all depends on the rider, and the new 450's are race engines meaning it will require more maintance then your regular 2stroke and thats a fact. my 250r is fast the most 4strokes out there, mod of mod 2strokes dominate its just riders choice, anyone can ride a 4stroke not everyone can ride a 2 stroke, riding a 4stroke is like walking riding a 2stroke is like riding a bull No offence or anything, but nobody cares.

fmfracing5
05-17-2006, 10:08 PM
stubern little kid have fun on your gay little slow 4wheelers, i gave you all a warning

BlasterEaten250
05-18-2006, 06:37 AM
stubern little kid have fun on your gay little slow 4wheelers, i gave you all a warning

Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
No offence or anything

Nobody cares about 2 strokes vs. 4 strokes. All the kid asked was what he could do to modify his 250ex. He doesn't care if you think your blaster is the best thing in the whole wide world:rolleyes: That is why I said "No offence or anything, but nobody cares."

kyleschonert
05-18-2006, 08:07 AM
the reason why there are no more 2strokes in the pro class is because its called pro production now and must of the classes are production which means a 4wheeler that is still being made, the only 2stroke that your aloud to race a production call is a blaster which will woop on a 300ex but that all depends on the rider, and the new 450's are race engines meaning it will require more maintance then your regular 2stroke and thats a fact. my 250r is fast the most 4strokes out there, mod of mod 2strokes dominate its just riders choice, anyone can ride a 4stroke not everyone can ride a 2 stroke, riding a 4stroke is like walking riding a 2stroke is like riding a bull

thats why the points leader in the youth produtcion class is on a 4-stroke honda :rolleyes: as a matter of fact, i think the top 5 are all honda's. and the production rule doesnt apply to everyclass. like all the open classes, 16-25, 265A, all of them. just shut up about it and leave him alone, your wrong.

fmfracing5
05-18-2006, 10:15 PM
he simply asked what aftermarket parts will help with power and there are none that are noticable gains for a 250ex

trX250eXmXr28
05-19-2006, 04:19 AM
he simply asked what aftermarket parts will help with power and there are none that are noticable gains for a 250ex
how would you kno? u never had a 250 did u?

a ported head, hi comp piston,cam, and exhaust will creat some power out of the 250... so y not just stfu and go away because when u have nuttin good to say... just stfu!:rolleyes:

coolex
05-21-2006, 10:39 PM
fmfracing5 if you have a 250r and a blaster they both have there own forums so y dnt u go there its like me going into the 90 forum and bashing them its immature so grow up and go in your own forum were u might be usefull

fmfracing5
05-22-2006, 09:44 PM
and all those mods are going to get you 2 a stock 300ex, im not bashing on none of you guys, im saying dont waste your money on something that you will be done with in a year or so... everyone will want another quad after a couple months of growing out of it.... your looking to spend around 800$ for all of the things you just said, and is it really worth it? spending 800$ when you can just sell the one you got now and get a 400ex or somthing that you can grow into now out of

trX250eXmXr28
05-23-2006, 04:33 AM
and all those mods are going to get you 2 a stock 300ex, im not bashing on none of you guys, im saying dont waste your money on something that you will be done with in a year or so... everyone will want another quad after a couple months of growing out of it.... your looking to spend around 800$ for all of the things you just said, and is it really worth it? spending 800$ when you can just sell the one you got now and get a 400ex or somthing that you can grow into now out of

when u have to pay for everything urself and ur parents wont let u buy a bigger quad... yea its all worth it because u built it on ur own... and its YOURS ... just stfu and keep ur idiotic comments to urself..

fmfracing5
05-24-2006, 11:21 PM
i bought both the quads i have my self, and still have both of them so dont tell me about not having any help from the parents, i could buy a 250ex for 500$ if i wanted to, instead of buying all these mods you guys talk about save up you can get a nice blaster or 300ex for 1000$

ryanh250ex
05-25-2006, 10:31 AM
i bought both the quads i have my self, and still have both of them so dont tell me about not having any help from the parents, i could buy a 250ex for 500$ if i wanted to, instead of buying all these mods you guys talk about save up you can get a nice blaster or 300ex for 1000$

post pics of your 250r mate, we'd love to see it.

hint hint: It'd be wise to start searching on google now ;)

i'm likely older than all of you (18), and still have a 250ex, i would like it to be a bit faster and i am working on that this weekend (200X 24mm carb and no airbox).

would i like a 450 in my garage? Sure! but i'm a college student, i have tuition payments, flight lessons (i'm training to be a professional pilot), a Jeep to pay off, and for 8 months out of the year i live 1000 miles away from home. So, for me anyways, it's not responsible or really necessary for me to spend the money on a bigger or better machine. I ride occasionally when i'm home in the woods and farms, and the 250 is perfect for that.

i've driven and ridden on some MUCH faster machines & vehicles, corvettes, modified raptors, worked 400's, etc they are all a blast in their own right but only so much of that brute power they're known for is useable.

ignore fmfracing, he's just trolling yall so he can feel special. he wont post anymore if you guys dont pay attention to him.

-Ryan

trX250eXmXr28
05-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
post pics of your 250r mate, we'd love to see it.

hint hint: It'd be wise to start searching on google now ;)

i'm likely older than all of you (18), and still have a 250ex, i would like it to be a bit faster and i am working on that this weekend (200X 24mm carb and no airbox).

would i like a 450 in my garage? Sure! but i'm a college student, i have tuition payments, flight lessons (i'm training to be a professional pilot), a Jeep to pay off, and for 8 months out of the year i live 1000 miles away from home. So, for me anyways, it's not responsible or really necessary for me to spend the money on a bigger or better machine. I ride occasionally when i'm home in the woods and farms, and the 250 is perfect for that.

i've driven and ridden on some MUCH faster machines & vehicles, corvettes, modified raptors, worked 400's, etc they are all a blast in their own right but only so much of that brute power they're known for is useable.

ignore fmfracing, he's just trolling yall so he can feel special. he wont post anymore if you guys dont pay attention to him.

-Ryan
AMEN BROTHA!

ridered11
05-26-2006, 08:15 PM
it's amazing how people can "cyberly" get their panties all in a bunch and cry like little babies

the topic was what are some after market parts for my 250ex, no one cares about your blaster or your 250r

fmfracer even if my fourwheeler couldn't beat you in a race, i'd still beat the sh*t out of you in a fight, little punks like you ruin these forums

back to the topic at hand please

elka has shocks for it, works has shocks for it, there are big bore kits, bumbers, grab bars, nerfs, new after market plastics, cams, axles, a-arms,exhaust systems, skid plates........... just do some searching allot of the major companys have multiple products for the 250

Raptor350yamaha
05-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Sparks makes a exhaust system for and Duncan makes ones and Big Gun as well there are alot of exhaust systems for that will get you more power. You can by a clutch kit from ebay. My cousin has one its pretty fast goes up some good size hills on it.

hybrid_hatch
05-31-2006, 12:21 AM
I have a 06 250ex and have had it for 4 weeks..here is whats done so far and how much it helped.

HMF full exhaust (makes the mid range come to life!)

Big Gun rev box (dont do it unless you get valve springs..R&D springs makes a set for a 01 that work just fine in 01/06)

WebCam (only 1 modle made..makes a real loppy idle but kicks major arse)

300ex carb/boot (with a stock cam you notice a fast rev but mid range will lack a little..with a webcam it will pull the wheels off the ground on a 2nd to 3rd gear shift with my 260 lbs butt on it.)

DynoJet jet kit for a 300ex (just tuning)

R&D valve springs (makes the valve float go away with a rev box and higher lift cam)

fully ported and polished. (opens up the RPM range and gives a strong topend.)

CP custom 11.5-1 compression 74mm piston (267cc)

custom sleeve made by a local machine shop.

ASR +2 front a arms (this was the best thing done to the quad!! helps turning and handling in a major way)

ON ORDER

works front and rear shocks with res
new handle bars
front bumper
rear grab bar

with all of this the bike outright kicks arse!! its all trial and error at this point because most dont want to deal with the 250ex and say its a entry leval quad..I say if your happy with your quad and would just like it to have more getup and go..keep it and spend some cash..

michael250
05-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by hybrid_hatch
I have a 06 250ex and have had it for 4 weeks..here is whats done so far and how much it helped.

Big Gun rev box (dont do it unless you get valve springs..R&D springs makes a set for a 01 that work just fine in 01/06)

300ex carb/boot (with a stock cam you notice a fast rev but mid range will lack a little..with a webcam it will pull the wheels off the ground on a 2nd to 3rd gear shift with my 260 lbs butt on it.)

R&D valve springs (makes the valve float go away with a rev box and higher lift cam)

ASR +2 front a arms (this was the best thing done to the quad!! helps turning and handling in a major way)

ON ORDER

new handle bars
front bumper
rear grab bar

with all of this the bike outright kicks arse!! its all trial and error at this point because most dont want to deal with the 250ex and say its a entry leval quad..I say if your happy with your quad and would just like it to have more getup and go..keep it and spend some cash..

did u do all that motorwork yourself or did u have a shop do it?if not was it very hards to install those things like the cam and piston?i was thinkin about doin these things but i just worried if i start it ill screw up sumthin. oh and did u get that piston custom made casue i jus checked there website and they didnt have a 250ex in there catalog. thanks

atvfrk10
05-31-2006, 09:53 AM

ON ORDER

new handle bars
front bumper
rear grab bar

When everything put on we wanna see some pics

priebo15
05-31-2006, 10:53 AM
same here.. i've never seen a 250 hopped up more than that.. actually atvfrk10's old one was probably the most modded that i've seen haha

hybrid_hatch
05-31-2006, 12:51 PM
I do all my own work..

CP does not make a piston smaller than 72mm (dont have the forging machine for another 3 to 6 months) so I took all the specs of the stock piston and had them make it to all stock specs but with raised dome and bigger bore..you can call them and have them make you anything if you have the specs..

I also have a oversized intake valve that I reworked with a new seat but that was alot of work..

*edit*

putting the cam in was pretty easy..just hard to find TDC when the bike is standing on the grab bar..lol thats where the dial indicator came in handy..

michael250
05-31-2006, 12:57 PM
I do all my own work..

CP does not make a piston smaller than 72mm (dont have the forging machine for another 3 to 6 months) so I took all the specs of the stock piston and had them make it to all stock specs but with raised dome and bigger bore..you can call them and have them make you anything if you have the specs..

I also have a oversized intake valve that I reworked with a new seat but that was alot of work..

*edit*

putting the cam in was pretty easy..just hard to find TDC when the bike is standing on the grab bar..lol thats where the dial indicator came in handy..

ok so did u literally take out the engine from the frame or what casue thats the part that i dont rerally wanna fool with takin it out and puttin it bak in. oh and how much was the piston?

hybrid_hatch
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
no.

just put the quad up on the grab bar and took the front cover off..but to see TDC you need to remove the allen plug at the rear of the quad near the shifter..thats the only thing that makes it hard..also you can use a universal 3 bolt puller from autozone/pepboys or any auto parts store to remove the auto clutch..the standard clutch is removed with a 24mm socket..also the nut on the auto clutch is backwards thread..just a FYI.

other than that..if you put the engine on TDC and use a paint marker on the crank to cam chain and mark the chain at the lower line on the stock cam it makes life easier.

OH also..

when you set the valves with a webcam on a 250ex dont go by TDC..rotate the engine till you have the lifters on the base circle on the cam to set the valve lash..otherwise your valves with clack..

michael250
05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
ok ill have to look at it but thanks for the info.

hybrid_hatch
05-31-2006, 02:12 PM
pictures time..if pics dont show up refresh page.

http://highboostracing.com/mis/quad%20001.jpg

http://highboostracing.com/mis/quad%20002.jpg

http://highboostracing.com/mis/quad%20003.jpg

a arms
http://highboostracing.com/mis/quad%20005.jpg

carb with "ghetto box"
http://highboostracing.com/mis/quad%20006.jpg

carb with ghetto box 2
http://highboostracing.com/mis/quad%20007.jpg

http://highboostracing.com/mis/quad%20008.jpg

rev box shot (hard to see)
http://highboostracing.com/mis/quad%20009.jpg

michael250
05-31-2006, 02:15 PM
nice

BlasterEaten250
05-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Get action pictures!:cool:

atvfrk10
05-31-2006, 05:56 PM
Nice, now you just got to get those shocks on their. I wish they made all that stuff when I raced my 250ex

WILSONatv
06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
how did you get that carb. to fit and what parts do you need?
now you need tires!!

hybrid_hatch
06-03-2006, 12:44 AM
I will have a "how to" posted in about a week..Iam going to take it over to curtis sparks racing for dyno tuning to make sure Iam dead on (calling on monday to set it up) I want to make sure I post good clean info so if people want to do it its easy..

what tires should I get for it? I want to change them but dont know what would be best for it..

*edit*

parts needed are..

250x or 300ex carb
300ex carb boot
300ex throttle cable (to short but will work if you route it right)
new fuel line (stock is to short)
drill and tap a 5 or 6mm hole to mount the carb boot
uni pod filter 2 inch inlet
cut a nice size hole in the air box as the carb sits damn near flush with the box
porting of the head (can use it with stock port but why?)
and some time to get it setup and jetted.

WILSONatv
06-03-2006, 12:48 AM
get itps!!!!

hybrid_hatch
06-03-2006, 12:51 AM
what size?

also I just ordered a barnett clutch for it (had to order it piece by piece!) with springs so it should hold the power..also Iam deleting the "auto" clutch so it will just have the normal clutch in it..

FYI..

you guys with 01-05 250ex's can change the front cover and add a normal hand clutch with a few small parts..

WILSONatv
06-03-2006, 12:57 AM
name the parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(clutch)
get 20s for the rear(to look right)
get 22s in front

hybrid_hatch
06-03-2006, 01:08 AM
2001-05 TRX250EX

friction plates
HPK-19(5)

steel plates
HP-62-16(4)

springs
MT-50-4

if your talking about making a normal clutch you will need these parts in the pic

9,11,12,8,15,7,1,2 plus a hand clutch lever and cable.

http://www.imagessite.com/OEM_Images/honda_atv_images/H01TRX250EX06.gif

also you will need these parts from this pic..

http://www.imagessite.com/OEM_Images/honda_atv_images/H01TRX250EX07.gif

WILSONatv
06-03-2006, 01:17 AM
wheres the website i can buy it of of?
and are u sure about it?
so its complitily manual:confused:

hybrid_hatch
06-03-2006, 01:20 AM
my buddy just did his after I put a cam in mine (he saw what mine had that his didnt and what needed to come out of his) and no..you will still have the auto clutch aswell (notic 2 clutchs in the pics?) unless you do what Iam going to do which is cut,grind and weld the outer "cup" of the auto clutch to the inner "pad section"..but removing weight while Iam at it. (basicly welding 29 to 17 without the pads in ther or springs and crap like that..but it has to be done on a stock crank shaft out of the motor to get everything lined up..or it could be welded off a crank if the 1 way bearing is left in to line it all up..

http://216.37.204.206/wps/Honda_OEM/HondaATV.asp?Type=12&A=152

kyleschonert
06-03-2006, 04:36 PM
if you are racing MX get 18" holeshot rears, (MXR4, MXR6, SX). those are the ITP's. And for the front get 20" tires. At the Joe Byrd Riding school i went to recommended, (not just joe, but about everyone there but joe). to run 20" kenda klaw fronts with holeshots in the rear, they say that is their fav. tire combination. I bought those b/c i got a discount, they should be in mon. and i will let you know how they ride.

hybrid_hatch
06-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I mainly put around fields and do a little bit of jumping..but Iam not as young as I used to be so its mainly sliding around fields..

atvfrk10
06-05-2006, 10:19 AM
I wouldnt get 18's in the back. Get 20's in the rear and 22's in the front. I had 18's in the rear and it makes the 250 so slow and 1st and 2nd gear become useless. I would get kenda klaws. They have great traction and last a long time.