PDA

View Full Version : Timing chain came off the gear.....

RangerRick
05-05-2006, 03:57 PM
I was putting my ex back together and got all the way to putting the cam in when I just happened to notice that the chain wasnt even on the gear.I have it all back off now and still cant get it on.The side it went onto was more towards the piston.Someone please help I rwally want to get this running.Thanks.

Flyin-Low
05-05-2006, 04:53 PM
All i can think of is taking out the tensioner and if that doesnt work you will have to remove the guids. This is done by taking off the clutch cover and taking out the singe bolt holding on the one guid and the other one is free floating and just pulls out.

Im pretty sure thats how its done.

-Martin

RangerRick
05-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Is it going to be necessary to pull out the clutchs?Am I going to need a new gasket?I already have the whole cylinder off.....:( Thanks

Flyin-Low
05-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I need to replace my cam chain so i was reading this in the book not too long ago and im pretty sure it said that you need to remove the clutch, maybe not. But your gasket should be fine as long as it doesnt tear when you take the cover off... just put some gasket maker on it when you throw it all back together.

-Martin

RangerRick
05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
how hard is it to take the clutchs out?I hae never done it before and I dont want to mess anything up.Is it hard to put back together?Thanks.

GPracer2500
05-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by RangerRick
how hard is it to take the clutchs out?I hae never done it before and I dont want to mess anything up.Is it hard to put back together?Thanks.

The hardest part is getting the big clutch nut off. As long as you have an impact gun it's easy.

RangerRick
05-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Well I took the case cover off and it was right to the right of the clutch assembly so I started it then rotated the engine so it went on.Thanks for the info guys.One last thing though.When I put the clutch cover back on now I cant get my cable to reach the arm.I think it is because I was suppost to hold the are where it belongs when bolting on the cover right?Thanks again.