PDA

View Full Version : Superior Suspension - Anyone try them?

rtm1216
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Superior Suspension (http://superiorsuspension.com/)

Has anyone run these shocks? The only feedback I've read was from a Blaster owner who said they are fantastic. But that was comparing them to stock shocks, which on a Blaster are absolute garbage.

For the price, I was thinking of tryin out a set on my 416ex, but was hoping to get a little feedback from others users first.

ALAMX37
05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Looks like a works shock to me. I could be wrong but not something I would purchase.

400exMO
05-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I second that.

Cody_300ex
05-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Looks like its a works knock off. I wont own eaithers, I'll stay to OEM, Pep, or Axis.

nicktrx400ex
05-07-2006, 04:30 PM
they look prety good for the price i think ive heard of em' i might try them eventualy wheni need them.

TBD
05-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Again as stated so many times before, you should always buy shocks by appearance. I'm learning so much from these forums.

They look like a shock that comes on the China knock off pitbikes. They look really good on the outside but suck internally.

I would try to find out who they are and how long they have been around and how well they stand behind there product. How long they have been around is not a huge importance but whether there just here to sale a bunch of shocks and make there money then be gone next month is what I would be concerned about.

You get what you pay for in most cases.

CFRacer03
05-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TBD

You get what you pay for in most cases.

well said!

if you're gonna spend your money why bother, just save up a couple hundred more and get a well-know, trusted brand!

NacsMXer
05-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by CFRacer03
well said!

if you're gonna spend your money why bother, just save up a couple hundred more and get a well-know, trusted brand!

Exactly. One thing i've learned in life is to buy the best you can reasonably get or don't buy at all instead of chincing out and needing to upgrade later ;)

I learned this lesson way back when I was a noob, and thought Works shocks were the shiznit. I quickly outgrew them and wasted money when I could have bought the best in the first place.

400exMO
05-10-2006, 04:40 PM
^totally agree, i had that problem with nerfs.

nicktrx400ex
05-10-2006, 04:48 PM
i paid 325 for my nerfs

05-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TBD
Again as stated so many times before, you should always buy shocks by appearance. I'm learning so much from these forums.

They look like a shock that comes on the China knock off pitbikes. They look really good on the outside but suck internally.

Yeah, it's amazing what shocks are actually made in China...even brand names that want you to believe they are made here....

TBD
05-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mrbluehair
Yeah, it's amazing what shocks are actually made in China...even brand names that want you to believe they are made here....

Yes it is amazing that Progressive (for sure) and Elka (not for sure but is rumored to have components made there) are using manufacturing facilitys there. I myself would choose Tiawan over China.

05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by TBD
Yes it is amazing that Progressive (for sure) and Elka (not for sure but is rumored to have components made there) are using manufacturing facilitys there. I myself would choose Tiawan over China.

It really doesn't matter where somthing is made so long as it is a good product and the comany doesn't make it percieved that it is solely made in the USA or Canada or where ever. Like if Progressive said "Made in the USA" but were made overseas. Many times it's more cost effective to place quality controls for particualr static parts and have them made elsewhere at the same quality level.

There was one of the Chineese Blaster copys at the Pep Boy's it had a rear shock that looked beautiful....it was a rock!!! Moved about 2" with my 220lbs pushing down on it...may as well had a steel strut insead.