#8red
05-05-2006, 11:58 AM
another

#8red
05-05-2006, 11:59 AM
one more...

#8red
05-05-2006, 12:01 PM
now just waitin' for my new lsr axle (one on it was bent) so I can RIDE !!! - man-I can't wait!!! should be a big improvement from my ol' 440 ( now my wife's bike)

#8red
05-05-2006, 12:07 PM
ok one more (just figgured out how to post pics - so now I can)

Flynbryan19
05-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Hopefully you checked that thing over good. Pro's are notorious for KILLING their equipment. Its not that they don't maintnance them, its just that they push the machine beyond its mechanical ability. Hopefully you didn't get the one they referred to as "patches". :)

Great looking machine. If you did your research, and inspected it closely it should be a GREAT machine.

#8red
05-05-2006, 01:05 PM
yeah - I checked it out REAL good - alba replaced all bushings bearings ...

jlhughes750
05-05-2006, 01:41 PM
usually the are beat pretty well, but its always a deal and whats the worst, u gottta buy a new frame.......... still probably got a 10-12K bike for 5-6K.................. ?? congrats and good luck!!!

#8red
05-05-2006, 01:52 PM
yeah - man I hate kickin' a bike - but this one is easy - even cold - I can be sitting down and kick it light - 2 kicks MAX and it fires right up - I rode my buddy's 450 and it was a pain to start sometimes - for some reason this one's just easy....- I checked all the high stress areas on the frame - no cracks or stress marks - I'll check it out real real good when I strip it for powdercoat - but that'll be a few mos. due to race season

Scro
05-05-2006, 02:00 PM
How wide is that thing? It may just be the pic, but it looks like +2's:huh

05-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
How wide is that thing? It may just be the pic, but it looks like +2's:huh yah its at least plus1 prob. +1 1/2

#8red
05-05-2006, 03:03 PM
there+2.5" L.T. by holz

Scro
05-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by #8red
there+2.5" L.T. by holz

+2.5 on an XC bike?

#8red
05-06-2006, 12:03 AM
I just bought it from a guy who bought it from alba 6 mos. ago - he changed the f.end to the set up on it now - he was racin' the WORCS series the 1st 4 races ... well he was gonna race them all untill he shattered his ankle at round 4 on practice day ...... anyways I bought it from him so he could pay on some of his medical bills ... and I needed a better bike for the 2 WORCS races in Wa. I was plannin' to go to - and we run 'em wide over here - I saw a few pro's @ last years @ goldendale runnin' their f. tires flipped stem-in for a few more inches more than their ext. arms .... so anyways - yeah - it's been changed - - -ppl don't widen out for gncc???

md1985250r
05-06-2006, 07:34 AM
First of all I would never buy a quad that used to be a pro riders practice quad. Yes they are well maintained,but they beat the living sh*t out of those things. I have ridden with Andy Lagzdins several times, and have seen first hand what abuse the quad endures.
As for the widening of cross country quads, I believe the man told me that they do in fact widen them by about 2".
GREG

450rJam
05-06-2006, 08:12 AM
congrads,
I bet that thing screams. It may have had a hard life but if your going to continue to race it the hard days are not over.
If you was buying it to ride with the family and just play on you may be better off buying a low hour more stock (reliablility) atv.
but you have a all out racer that Im sure you couldnt build for
half what you gave for it.
Im digging it, good luck

Scro
05-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by md1985250r
I believe the man told me that they do in fact widen them by about 2".

I'm sure that would be alright for GNCC (which is a required 52 inch path, I think:confused: ), but for most harescrambles, like the midsouth, it is way to wide. At the very most +1, and that is still pushing it.

I'm at 46.5 and still squeezing through the tight stuff.

Quadster450
05-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by md1985250r
First of all I would never buy a quad that used to be a pro riders practice quad. Yes they are well maintained,but they beat the living sh*t out of those things.

yeah, but were talking about a Honda here... :cool:

#8red
05-07-2006, 11:51 AM
yeah - it's 1" wider than my 440 - I haven't measured it - but it is under the 50" - I think that's the limit at alot of races - - IDK for sure - I've never been checked , and the only bigger races I've raced are the worcs races - and I've never seen anyone checked for width there.... maybe they check the pro's ...IDK

hey quadster yer' friggin right - honda's can take ALOT of hard ridin' - that's for sure - my ol' 440 - man it's been ridden - and still like new...

ThumPIN_450R
05-07-2006, 10:53 PM
I've blown my honda's sky high on more than one occasion and I'm not even that great. I'm just a washington Pro-am hard ***. I wouldn't be all that worried about the gncc width #8 there are no races that come around here that care and the only trees at any race around here to worry about will be at the washougal or burnt ridge worcs round and last year I rode washougal at the dick jagow memorial grand prix and I was fine at 52 inches.

#8red
05-08-2006, 08:39 AM
are ya' goin' to washougal this year - I've never been there - but plan on going this year - do you know of any days you can go ride there between now and then??? we went the weekend before the worcs @ goldendale last year - man that really helps... maybe see ya' there

ThumPIN_450R
05-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by #8red
are ya' goin' to washougal this year - I've never been there - but plan on going this year - do you know of any days you can go ride there between now and then??? we went the weekend before the worcs @ goldendale last year - man that really helps... maybe see ya' there

I'll probably be there at the top gun team shootout motocross race labor day weekend. I'm not sure about the worcs race I'm more of a motocrosser and I try to stick with that for the most part. More than likely I will show up for it though. As for oppurtunities to ride there before the weekend of worcs I have not heard of anythin washougal is typically dirt bikes only and as far as I know the top gun team shoot out, pro moto winter challenge, WORCS, and the jagow memorial race are the only 4 times a year quads are even let out there on that track.

trict_out
05-09-2006, 12:03 AM
sweet bike, so what if borich rode it hard, its yours now. Keep up the maintenance and replace anything out of whack and you got a professionally built pro bike that everyone else can be jealous of.

bwilson624
05-09-2006, 11:20 PM
sweet bike, so what if borich rode it hard, its yours now. Keep up the maintenance and replace anything out of whack and you got a professionally built pro bike that everyone else can be jealous of.

Well said sir.

#8red
05-10-2006, 03:57 PM
thanks for the comp's guys - I just hope lonestar will have my axle here by this weekend so I can ride it SOON - it's drivin' me crazy lookin' at it ...