PDA

View Full Version : Sand Tires

KRMit
05-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Which sand tires should I get for the 450r? I know there's another thread regarding paddles, but I'm not interested in straight paddles. I want something I can play around with in the dunes. I'm not real into drag racing. What's the best designed tire for the 450r?

Josh M
05-05-2006, 10:13 AM
10 paddle haulers are very good paddles, but they are made more for going straight. If you want good paddles that perform well and turn good, I recommend ITP Sandstars. They are a very good paddle, and are not hard on the pocket book either.

red4r
05-05-2006, 11:06 AM
i have 7 paddle strait haulers and there perfect.. they hook up like no other and there perfect for duning and w/ u want

danniheyj82888
05-07-2006, 10:17 PM
ive ridden the itp sandstars and the sand sharks.. they both hook up well and turn great.. i couldnt really tell the difference between them. both are good paddles

04TRX400EX
05-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by danniheyj82888
ive ridden the itp sandstars and the sand sharks.. they both hook up well and turn great.. i couldnt really tell the difference between them. both are good paddles

I use Sand Sharks when I go to the dunes but all the other people I ride with run ITP Sand Stars. They are very similar looking but the ITP's have slightly taller paddle and have a small little extra paddle too. I think they are both good, but most people seem to swear by Sand Stars. Regardless, if you're just looking to have fun, don't get a straight paddle, definitely go with a "V."

450rJam
05-08-2006, 04:15 AM
the V paddles will make you happier if you dont drag race or play in the soft deep sand (like the edges where the trails meet the open)
straights hook up better (V's will get you around fine)
V's turn better (straights will turn but but want to push a little)

Digsy
05-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Straight paddles are cool, but I love my Sand Stars when I get to the top of a big dune face and have to bail and turn back down real quick for some reason ... They just seem to react real well in a turn. I reckon that the two ribs in the front might make them the best front end tire as well ... I have a bud that runs sand stars at the front and gekos on the back on his 450R ... he gets around pretty good, but paid a bit less for that set up ...