PDA

View Full Version : Burinin Oil

pr0t0type670
05-05-2006, 09:01 AM
A few people that I ride with have told me that when I hit it goin up the road or just getting on it there are puffs of blue smoke on and off any ideas? Its only an 02 the rings shouldent be shot already. I have been runing it without the spark arreastor for a wile but i dont think that could have contributed to it. Ile put the compresion checker on it, whats the average compression for it? ANy Ideas?

Thnxs

miller821
05-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by pr0t0type670
A few people that I ride with have told me that when I hit it goin up the road or just getting on it there are puffs of blue smoke on and off any ideas? Its only an 02 the rings shouldent be shot already. I have been runing it without the spark arreastor for a wile but i dont think that could have contributed to it. Ile put the compresion checker on it, whats the average compression for it? ANy Ideas?

Thnxs
Yup your burning it if your blue... But mines an 04' and is ready for a rebuild, but I read on another thread that you need backpressure or your rings will go out quicker.. So put your sparky back in before it gets to bad.

pr0t0type670
05-10-2006, 07:37 AM
The spark arrestor doesent make any diffrence in back pressure. Maybe you lose a very very minimal amount of backpressure but you still have plenty with the chambers in the exaust, head pipe and all of the bends in the pipe.