PDA

View Full Version : smoking oil

302ex-tofast
05-05-2006, 08:48 AM
i get an 300ex been bored 20 over. The ring when out so i put in new rings, Gasket in an I have to take it aprt to fix the head, an had ti take the jug off an used the same ring because they have not setted. an now it is smokeing bad when start it and at full throttle. It have an stage 3 moose jet kit it haves128main jet an stock pilto jet. the needle is an 4th clip. I think the ring have not setted.when it get good an hot you came see an gas mixed with oli but you have to ride it for an good 1hr with no breaks. HELP!

05-05-2006, 09:06 AM
you need to break in the motor corectly so the rings can seat

302ex-tofast
05-08-2006, 08:25 AM
how long will that take i ran about 2 gallon of gas throught but it suck gas like crazy

DieselBoy
05-10-2006, 09:33 PM
you can't re use rings. is the bore in spec / any scores? did you hone the cylinder? break ins usually take 1-2 tanks. it almost sounds like the rings are getting blowby.

bradrenea
05-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by 302ex-tofast
i get an 300ex been bored 20 over. The ring when out so i put in new rings, Gasket in an I have to take it aprt to fix the head, an had ti take the jug off an used the same ring because they have not setted. an now it is smokeing bad when start it and at full throttle. It have an stage 3 moose jet kit it haves128main jet an stock pilto jet. the needle is an 4th clip. I think the ring have not setted.when it get good an hot you came see an gas mixed with oli but you have to ride it for an good 1hr with no breaks. HELP!

WHAT????