PDA

View Full Version : Do Wiseco hot rod cranks come with crank bearings?

JLanphear
05-05-2006, 08:05 AM
I just ordered a new crank from Wiseco and I was wondering if you could tell me if it came with crank bearings or not? The lady I spoke with was not a customer service rep so she could not tell me, she could only say the description says with "new top end bearings". Is that the same thing?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

-Josh

deathman53
05-05-2006, 06:11 PM
I have never heard of them coming with crank bearings, my 250r one didn't. top end bearing is the bearing that is in the rod and that the wrist pin moves on. you should replace them at every rebuild

JLanphear
05-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
I have never heard of them coming with crank bearings, my 250r one didn't. top end bearing is the bearing that is in the rod and that the wrist pin moves on. you should replace them at every rebuild

thank you...I actually talked to the shop working on my quad yesterday and they said exactly what you said.

I ordered a set of crank bearings seperately.

Oh BTW, anybody looking to get anything directly through Wiseco email or PM me because I can give you the name of a person to order from. She got me hooked up with a new crank for $87.....they retail for something like $350. Also could get over 50% off on a piston.

-Josh