PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara Rules

400 SS EX
05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok guys i'm planning a trip to little Sahara , OK and its gonna be a 9 1/2 hour drive so i'm wanted to make sure that they don't have any reasons to turn me down. If anybody can get me a list of rules/ regulations. My biggest concerns our as follows 1. Spark Arrestor 2. dB levels 3. Atv registration sticker 4. how long/ tall does the flag have to be from the ground Right now i'm running a TC shorty thats not spark arrested and is about as loud as if I have heard. I don't have my Missouri registration sticker on my wheeler nor do I really know where its at. and currently my flag is anly about 6 1/2 from the ground because I don't like it being really tall when I trail ride at my riding area. Otherwise How strict are the park rangers in the campgrounds at night, how much does it cost to camp, and which side or site is the best to camp at. thanks a bunch i'm going the second week of june hopefully.

400 SS EX
05-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I also forgot to ask, since space is a factor on the trailer and the truck bed. If I have my paddles on my bike is there any need to bring regular tires ( Holeshots ). Cuz if I can keep from having 4 sets of fourwheeler tires in the back of my shortbed chevy that would be great. thanks again

smokinwrench
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by 400 SS EX
Ok guys i'm planning a trip to little Sahara , OK and its gonna be a 9 1/2 hour drive so i'm wanted to make sure that they don't have any reasons to turn me down. If anybody can get me a list of rules/ regulations. My biggest concerns our as follows 1. Spark Arrestor 2. dB levels 3. Atv registration sticker 4. how long/ tall does the flag have to be from the ground Right now i'm running a TC shorty thats not spark arrested and is about as loud as if I have heard. I don't have my Missouri registration sticker on my wheeler nor do I really know where its at. and currently my flag is anly about 6 1/2 from the ground because I don't like it being really tall when I trail ride at my riding area. Otherwise How strict are the park rangers in the campgrounds at night, how much does it cost to camp, and which side or site is the best to camp at. thanks a bunch i'm going the second week of june hopefully.

NO spark arrestor required.
No noise restrictions.
No need for registration.
flag has to be 8 foot i think ( it has to hit the arch that you drive through to get into the dunes

Rangers are very easy to get along with unless you do some stupid stuff. They have never bothered me and I drink crap loads of beer whiel there. As long as you drive slow in the camp grounds and dont wheelie you wont have any problems.

I never take my normal tires just have the paddles mounted and ready to ride as soon as i get there.

Only thing tha thas been going on this year is burn bans since it has been so dry but last I knew those had been lifted. So no camp fires or charcoal grills.

I think electrical camp sites are $16 per night and primitive ar $8.

Here is alink to the Waynoka wesite that should help you.

http://www.waynoka.com/littlesahara/cgi-bin/index.cgi

smokinwrench
05-04-2006, 09:18 PM
I fyou don't have the proper flag or paddle tires they are cheap down there goto.

Jim Sand Toys or
Little Sahara power sports.

Jims is on the highway on the south side of town power sports is at the north end of the south campground.

I prefer the south camp ground sicne it has more trees for shade but all camp ground are nice.

spud400ex
05-04-2006, 09:48 PM
The flag needs to be 10' from the ground. Other than that you are good to go.

nightrider05
05-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Hey 400SSEX- I just saw this topic and said to myself "Man, We were just wondering the same thing" , then I realized it was you (this is jason). You find paddles yet?

400 SS EX
05-05-2006, 06:01 AM
yeah I still have my Sand Sharks, I'm gonna order paddles for Ryans 450r, in the next few weeks. All this help really helped us figure out what we need to bring/do thanks alot for all your guys help, expecially you smokinwrench we were really ondering how strict OK was on drinking at their camps. Sounds ggood, don't worry we clean up our mess. Hope to see some people there. !!!

nightrider05
05-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Yea that makes this whole trip alot easier. Thanks smokinwrench! Jake, we need to set an exact date. Anybody else plannin on heading to little sahara in the middle of June?

LittleMissE
05-05-2006, 05:13 PM
There isnt many harsh rules at Little Saraha, OK. There isnt any noise restrictions. The main thing in the campgrounds is dont mess around b/c there is pently of sand to do that on. The flag height is 10 ft. off the ground. Camping spots in the state park: $8/ day (no electricity) and $16/ day ( with electricity). If you want to make reservations you have to make them on lspsonline.com. Also you have to have headlights and tailights to ride on the sand at night! You can drink!!!!! Well if I left anything out it is b/c I got mad b/c the first time I typed this I deleted it!!!:D

400 SS EX
05-06-2006, 05:26 AM
Well Jason we were looking at Heading out Thrusday June 15 and getting there late that night ( depending on what time we head out ) and riding Friday and Saturday then possibly riding Sunday and leaving Monday or Leaving Sunday , I'm thinking about leaving Monday to make it worth the trip. I'll call you later this week

smokinwrench
05-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by 400 SS EX
Well Jason we were looking at Heading out Thrusday June 15 and getting there late that night ( depending on what time we head out ) and riding Friday and Saturday then possibly riding Sunday and leaving Monday or Leaving Sunday , I'm thinking about leaving Monday to make it worth the trip.

Don't forget about night riding, make sure all your lights operate correctly, they are very strict about that.

With that much riding you better take soem anti-monkeybutt powder. ALso get some of those ridng shorts. Your gonna have monkey butt so bad you won't be able to set. :eek2: :huh

LittleMissE
05-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by smokinwrench
Don't forget about night riding, make sure all your lights operate correctly, they are very strict about that.

With that much riding you better take soem anti-monkeybutt powder. ALso get some of those ridng shorts. Your gonna have monkey butt so bad you won't be able to set. :eek2: :huh

I was there for 5 days not to long ago and I didnt need any anti-monkeybutt!!!! I rode all the time while I was there even in the rain!! But the lights things they are surely strict on. When I was there it wasnt quite dark yet and the people at the gate made me turn the headlights on!!!:D :D :D

smokinwrench
05-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by LittleMissE
I was there for 5 days not to long ago and I didnt need any anti-monkeybutt!!!!

All I got to say about that is, you must have been riding like a girl or an old fart.

tar
05-06-2006, 07:51 PM
if you are worried about your flag not being tall enough you can just buy one at one of the stores on the South campground

LittleMissE
05-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by smokinwrench
All I got to say about that is, you must have been riding like a girl or an old fart.

No!!! I just ride alot!!! I hardly ever stand up and I was fine!!! I rode hard most of the time sometime I was in a big group of people with a beginging duner!! But all I can say is you would wish you rode like a girl if you seen me ride!!!:D :D :D :D :D :cool:

pharit
05-07-2006, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by LittleMissE
No!!! I just ride alot!!! I hardly ever stand up and I was fine!!! I rode hard most of the time sometime I was in a big group of people with a beginging duner!! But all I can say is you would wish you rode like a girl if you seen me ride!!!:D :D :D :D :D :cool:

how old are you?

LittleMissE
05-07-2006, 06:44 PM

DaleJrFan
05-08-2006, 07:20 AM
There is a weather link on waynoka.com that is accurate. they have been getting alot of storms up there so you might want to check it before you come.

1BADYFZ
05-08-2006, 08:22 AM
bring 3 things

your atv
7 bucks
a whip flag