PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong? Help?

2000400EX
05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Ok fella's, I just installed a new bearing carrier (see this thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=227284)) on my '00 400ex. This was my first time removing the axle and reinstalling everything..so bear with me. I did have the OEM shop manual handy as well.

Now, the problem is when the caliper mounting braket is positioned correctly, the holes in the left side of the carrier (where you put the allen wrench into to adjust chain tension) are facing down, not allowing you access to them. But if I have the carrier positioned so that the holes are facing up, the caliper braket upper mount hits the swingarm, not allowing the bolt holding the caliper on enough clearance to be threaded in. (did I lose you on that...I hope not) I cannot figure what the deal is. I even disassembled everything and put it back together to make sure it was right....or did I install something incorrectly? Sorry I don't have pics right now to show ya.

At first I thought it may be the carrier I bought (bad design), but after looking at other ones online, they all look the same. Is the way aftermarket carrier's are? If anyone has any ideas or if this is normal...please let me know.

Thanks!:D

Rip_Tear
05-04-2006, 07:29 PM
I think pic's might be nessary on this one. The only thing I can thing of is you've put the mounting bracket on backwards...

2000400EX
05-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I think pic's might be nessary on this one. The only thing I can thing of is you've put the mounting bracket on backwards...

I figured pics would be necessary...:rolleyes: I'll get them posted tomorrow.

As far as the braket being on backwards....that was my first thought too, but everything bolted and lined-up perfectly....:huh

1fst400
05-04-2006, 08:11 PM
dont feel bad. My lsr twin row carier is the same way!! glad to hear its not just me. the holes to put the adjustment tool in are facing the ground.

jmc400ex02
05-05-2006, 04:27 AM
I just put one in for a buddy, and his are facing the ground also!

05-05-2006, 06:23 AM
whe i have replaced the bearings, using the stock carrier, i have put it in wring and had the same results...simply take it out and rotate about 90 degrees to where the holes are up...