PDA

View Full Version : Going to rebuild it now......

RangerRick
05-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Well I got my piston and gasket kit and rings so I qam probally going to start tearing down my 400 for a hi comp Wiseco.I was thinking of waiting a little but I am worried the bore might wear out since its a standard bore wiseco.Anyways I just took it for a ride and it has been getting down on oil bad.I have been running Mobil MX4 and Klotz MX4 Full Synthetic and now it seems after all that time with good results it is eating oil right up.I heard somewhere if your exhaust doesnt have enough backpressure then your rings can go.Could that have happened to me because my DG silencer has a hole in it right near where the headpipe goes in?It has been backfiring like wild and doesnt seem to run like it use to.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks.

miller821
05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by RangerRick
Well I got my piston and gasket kit and rings so I qam probally going to start tearing down my 400 for a hi comp Wiseco.I was thinking of waiting a little but I am worried the bore might wear out since its a standard bore wiseco.Anyways I just took it for a ride and it has been getting down on oil bad.I have been running Mobil MX4 and Klotz MX4 Full Synthetic and now it seems after all that time with good results it is eating oil right up.I heard somewhere if your exhaust doesnt have enough backpressure then your rings can go.Could that have happened to me because my DG silencer has a hole in it right near where the headpipe goes in?It has been backfiring like wild and doesnt seem to run like it use to.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks.
See if you can post a link where you might of read that you need backpressure at? Kinda makes since cause i'm running my pipe wide open, and i'm smoking bad... Its time for a rebuild on mine, so if you can pull up the link that would be great.

RangerRick
05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Well I took it down to the cylinder.My new piston is going to be a tight fit after all so thats good I think.The old piston seemed to burn good it was brown on top all equal with the middle having some black.The valves and everything looked nice as well.I dont know why it has been eating oil...Anyways it looks like I just need to give it a quick hone and go.The bore appears really smooth though.Maybe the reason it has been taking oil was because I had it apart once and put it back together with the same rings?Anyways I am excited now and I hope I will be able to feel the difference besides in the wallet since I have to buy 93 now.....:D Still guessin on the oil issue though.Any help is good.Thanks.