PDA

View Full Version : maxxis razrII, are they heavy,

jsmith2232
05-04-2006, 09:33 AM
I am thinking of putting razr II's on the 400 ex listed in my sig, do you think they will hook up too much going around corners and should the weight concern me

400exrules
05-04-2006, 08:03 PM
i'd like to know the answers to these questions too

Sonic400ex
05-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Hook up great and slide when I want them to. Dig through mud like no other. Very heavy!!!! Like 5lbs more per tire in the rear and a pound or two in the front compared to the ITP GNCC from what I have read on this site and around the web.

Also from what I can tell so fare they are going to last forever. 2-3 rides a week for the last 2 months w/ very little tread wear.

red2004 TRX450R
05-05-2006, 08:32 AM
i run them work great. have had them for 2 years still decent tread and never had a leak or flat so the little extra weight is worth it in my book!!

I if you woods ride i would definitely get the fronts.

CannondaleRider
05-05-2006, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't worry about the weight. If your buying Razr 2's, its obvious your not an MXer looking for huge weight savings.

As for traction. With the Cannondale, they hooked up a little to much. In straights they were great, and in technical stuff. But trying to come out of corners hard, or up hills where there is little momentum, it shot that front end up all the time. But, its a very fast motor.

Not sure about the characteristics of a 400EX, so I can't really tell you if you need to worry about to much traction or not.

YFZ450Ridr
05-05-2006, 04:51 PM
i have razr 2s on all 4 corners and love them. they hook up like you wouldnt believe, but yet still corner and slide very predictably. yes they are heavy, but for me weighing 190 and racing harescrambles, i could care less about how much somthing weighs as long as it preforms like i want it to. i think the front tires will last almost for ever. ive had mine for about 2 years and the fronts show VERY VERY little wear. the rears wear really good too. a 400ex has more than enough power to turn them over and will corner nicely. you wont have to worry about hooking up too much like cannondale said. i have a pipe on my bike and im geared down a tooth for the woods and it pulls hills great. the front end comes up when i need it to, nothing more.

DEVINF450R
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
I DISAGREE ABOUT THE CORNERING WITH THE REARS. they are alot harder to slide than stock tires definitely but only in certain terrains such as weedy/grass conditions they almost have to be spinning to slide. but for climing hills and woods riding there isn't anyway any tire could perform better. and i did not notice the weight at all. Jumps and handles in the air jsut like she used to.

jeremy_283
05-05-2006, 10:43 PM
3 outa 4 of mine have small punctures