PDA

View Full Version : blown up 250R motor

Dave400ex
10-07-2001, 03:31 PM
I just got done blowing my R engine up does anyone have some advice about what parts to get, that will really help' I was looking at.

Powerstar head
Wiseco boost ported piston
Bore over two a 265

ALready have

38mm Air stryker carb
FMF fatty pipe and power core 2 silencer
Boyesen reeds
reed spacer
K@N filter

I really prefer TC to do all my motor work for later racing for him

Also do the quick remove clutches help a lot and is it a good buy

10-07-2001, 08:07 PM
my motor just got gback from him and i didn't talk to him specifically but he seems to be a great guy from what i've herd...i don't really know if this helps you out but just thought i'd give him some positive feedback!

10-08-2001, 01:03 PM
i'd stay away from wiesco in 2-strokes...my piston melted alst winter cause i held it open to long and my piston had like 11 cracks in the skirt

nakomis0
10-08-2001, 03:46 PM
i good rod and crank, and I'd look to see it Vito makes a piston for the 250r. (Wiesco makes vito's design, but I don't think weisco got popular by making junk)

Leo
10-08-2001, 04:21 PM
2-stroke pistons melt because of other motor problems (jetting, air leaks, etc..) not because they are poorly designed...

the melted piston is simply a symptom of another problem, not the problem itself....

find the root cause, don't blame the piston :)

Leo

10-09-2001, 12:26 AM
i'm not blaming wiesco for the melting..i don't belive those 11 cracks in my wiesco piston were caused at the same time as the melt down either and sooner or later it would have gone...wiesco = junk...every hond shop i ask even says it...get a nikks piston