PDA

View Full Version : Metalic shavings in tranny oil!

tofst4u
05-04-2006, 06:03 AM
Well I just changed my oil in my fairly new 05 450R. This would be the second oil change since break in. I changed the Crank side and found no signs of shavings in the oil or filter. Then I changed the Tranny side and it has metalic shavings. WTF. I was wondering if this was normal since this is my second oil change the quad is brand new with about ten hours on it. Are these shavings from break in still or am I screwed? Any advice would be very much accepted. Thanks in advance.

05-04-2006, 07:54 AM
if they are little then it is def. normal for the clutch side. its fibers from your clutch plates

JR3
05-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
if they are little then it is def. normal for the clutch side. its fibers from your clutch plates

yup evertime i chagne mine its a lil metalic nothin to worry about

tofst4u
05-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Excellent, I was a little worried but I have a five year warranty and a hell of a dealer. I really appreciate the replys. I am getting a two brothers slip on exhuast Friday. Parts guy is letting it go for 100$ origianaly it was like 250 or 300 I cant remember. Will I need to change my jetting? Thanks again.

JR3
05-04-2006, 09:33 AM
yes with any mod like an exhaust or air filter or taking ur airbox lid off ull have to rejet

duke416ex
05-04-2006, 09:40 AM
If they won't charge much, I would let the dealer put the pipe on and jet it. If the are decent mechanics it will save you some hassle, plus if you ever take it to another dealer and don't remove the exhaust it could void that warranty, but if they install it then it won't matter.

05-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
If they won't charge much, I would let the dealer put the pipe on and jet it. If the are decent mechanics it will save you some hassle, plus if you ever take it to another dealer and don't remove the exhaust it could void that warranty, but if they install it then it won't matter. :muscle:

tofst4u
05-04-2006, 10:43 AM
What would it cost to have them do the work? I was told; so don't quote me on this, but as long as you are not getting into the engine itself that your warranty will not void. Now correct me if I am wrong. The last thing that I would want to do is void the warranty. I did not pay the extra $$$$ to void it. That would suck. One more thing would could I expect to pay for a good set of Hipers?

05-04-2006, 10:57 AM
it will def. void the warranty if you dont rejet it. whats going to happen if you dont rejet it is your engione is going to have a lot of air going in and not enough fuel for that air. this will cause LEAN conditions which means hotter engine tempatures which means EXCESSIVE ENGINE WEAR AND DAMAGE!

therockstar
05-04-2006, 11:45 AM
my buddy just got a new raptor and go the warrenty.. we read it over and it basically says that if you do ANYTHING at all to it, it voids warrenty.. You would definatly want to ask the dealer b4 mods if you are worried about it.

awj8074
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by tofst4u
What would it cost to have them do the work? I was told; so don't quote me on this, but as long as you are not getting into the engine itself that your warranty will not void. Now correct me if I am wrong. The last thing that I would want to do is void the warranty. I did not pay the extra $$$$ to void it. That would suck. One more thing would could I expect to pay for a good set of Hipers? I just orderd a set of hipers for the front of my quad today. $354 and they will be here middle of next week. think the backs will run you about $390.

awj8074
05-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by therockstar
my buddy just got a new raptor and go the warrenty.. we read it over and it basically says that if you do ANYTHING at all to it, it voids warrenty.. You would definatly want to ask the dealer b4 mods if you are worried about it. Thats one of those gray areas that it depends on the dealer.

bwilson624
05-04-2006, 10:52 PM
My dealer said that as long as they install it, I could do anything to mine. But probably up to the dealer like awj8074 said.