PDA

View Full Version : specific jets

wicked_silver
08-05-2002, 08:12 AM
I am going to do some more mods this week, including removing the choke, grinding the header welds, gutting the stock pipe, cutting out the S/A, and maybe working on the airbox and filter mods. My concern is having the proper jets ahead of time so i won't lose performance. Would someone let me know exactly which main jets and pilot jets to purchase. I like to order from dennis kirk, so any reference to their parts would be great. Thanks in advance.

P.S.

This weekend I dusted my brothers stock 400, All i have done is the throttle mod and changed to a 14 tooth sprocket, I pulled him hard from the start, eventually winning by about 2-3 bike lengths, plus i haven't lost any top speed it just revs a little higher. ( both our bikes are 2002 models and less than a month old) cya later!!!!!!!!!!

08-05-2002, 11:17 PM
the bluecreek streak is going to buy NOS and bust your balls

wicked_silver
08-06-2002, 03:28 AM
good luck "BLUECREEKGEEK", THE ONLY DUSTING YOU'LL DO, IS DUSTING YOURSELF OFF AFTER I LEAVE YOU SITTING, IN THE DUST. LOL :blah

tprender
08-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Try a 42 pilot and maybe a 155 main. The pilot should be correct, but the main is just a starting point. It might be 1 larger or smaller. Good luck.

BornOnFire
08-06-2002, 01:07 PM
I have done similar mods and I ended up with a 42 pilot and 152 main. I also have my Air/Fuel screw at 1-3/4 turns out. Results may vary, but I think you would be safe with buying a 150, 152, 155 and 158 main for starters.

wicked_silver
08-06-2002, 06:33 PM
thanks for all the size references, but I also need to know which brand of jets and adapter to get. I would rather try to buy individual jets instead of a 50 dollar kit. If anyone has ordered the correct jets from Dennis Kirk, I would appreciate any help you could offer. Thankz in advance.

P.S.

I just finished removing the choke, grinding the header welds, and cutting the snorkel. This thing revs like a short stroke race motor, and really responds at all rpm's. More free mods to come after I get my hands on those golden jets. Later ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!11

DantheEXman
08-06-2002, 09:17 PM
Does anybody know what series keihn carb is on a 400ex. ex> pe,pwk,pj Thanx:D