PDA

View Full Version : My challenge . . .

dtmichau
05-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Im a die hard honda fan, always have been. However, the LTR is really really appetizing. I was waiting for a review on the three and when Quad magazine released their shootout, i was seriously dissapointed. At first i was slightly angered at how they practically made the 450r out to be a heap of junk. Stating, that it fell short in EVERY catagory ranging from tires to ergonomics, Quad magazine tore the 450R apart. The next thing I was upset about over the article was the fact that it was completely based on subjective information; nothing objective was objective (information that is directly measureable). Basically, they took 3 individuals, rode them around, swtiched riders, rose them around some more, and then published their OPINIONS. No lap times, drag results, dyno numbers, or any other measurement was taken.

Quad magazine is a new magazine that is trying to make a name for itself. One would think that a magazine would put more effort into comparing the the three quads more in depth. Especially considering that this shootout is so monumental.

Here is the challenge to the magazines.....

Stop writing CRAP......plz.

Give me and the rest of the readers some solid information to formulate a decision on. All three of these bikes are amazing, which makes it difficult to choose. I guess our hopes now lie in DIRT WHEELS....so I also guess I wont be holding my breath :).

pkb324
05-03-2006, 10:11 PM
we all know that a stock 450r sucks! it needs tires suspention and a motor fix kit to make it ridable. so it is to be expected that they bash it. because stock they do suck! it took me quite a bit of money for it to be to the point of my satisfaction!!!

Quadster450
05-03-2006, 10:30 PM
depends on what you're going to do with your R. I happened to be pretty satisfied with mine. Sure, if you're gonna race, then maybe you need to put a few bucks into it - what bike doesn't? For me, yeah, i put some money into some mods, that's my hobby, but it sure as hell didn't suck stock. I was burning up dunes with ease

john.E.business
05-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Yea i don't think they suck stock i mean my first quad was a 450r and have limited ride time on any other machine but there is lotsa go stock and once there uncorked there tonnes better... but i did come across the new dirtwheels and from what i read the honda was awesome except when it came to the final disclosure it got last... yet had more power and all sorts of stuff better trail bike and all that but all they base there testing on is a motocross track... and still yamaha wins like there in to deep in yamaha's pocket to give us a real review!!!!

400exrider0004
05-03-2006, 11:32 PM
stock 450rs do not suck. especially the 06. They have the most power out of all 450's and imo the most comfortable, but thats up to you. It totally depends on what type of riding and what you want to do. But 450rs do not suck

bwilson624
05-03-2006, 11:36 PM
You should check out the June edition of Dirt Wheels. They have also done a shootout between the three 450s. I think you'll be a lot happier with the results. It has lap times, and a breakdown of the three.

wckedclownz69
05-04-2006, 08:24 AM
mine is stil stock till i get my pipe and it does not suck at all it rips!!

250rinLV
05-04-2006, 05:38 PM
it better not suck!!!!

im getting a new 450r this week sometime. i finally had to make the switch from the 250r

XCRACER26
05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I love mine, I raced all last year on a stock quad and I had no problems. I was still kickin ***** on yfzs. Best thing was is I had no mechanicals failures, NONE. I never once had a problem with it being "TOO SLOW". If its to slow it sounds like its your problem not the quads.

out

450rJam
05-04-2006, 06:20 PM
250rinLV,

I also came from a 250r that I thought I would never
give up. Now I have sold it after swearing it would be
mine forever, and no regrets yet.
depending on your mods the 450r will most likely be
alot faster in the straights and talk about a wheelie
monster. I am afraid the 250r still gets the nod in the
corners though.
It is alot easier to ride and alot less work=longer play.