PDA

View Full Version : shaving the fenders?

Crazy lil punk
05-03-2006, 07:12 PM
i wana shave my fenders but im afraid im going to mess it up, i have an 04 400ex, can some explain exaxtly how to do, and post sum pice of your shaved fenders? thanks, Joe

04raptor
05-03-2006, 07:52 PM
i masked mine off with tape a cut them with a cuttoff wheel

ondagaskiknass
05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
after your done take a lighter to the edge were u cut and it will burn off all the little fringes and make it look like it was bought that way

Def-e-nition
05-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Telll me guys , What does this help on the bike ? I see it often .

Is it for speed , or to prevent the nose lifting when doing a 'top jump with the wind side-on or head-on ??

thanks .

<DRS>GPF
05-04-2006, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Def-e-nition

Is it for speed , or to prevent the nose lifting when doing a 'top jump with the wind side-on or head-on ??

thanks .

its all about the look.

Crazy lil punk
05-04-2006, 01:27 PM
how much mudder do u get when u ride with shaved fenders?

RangerRick
05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Well if you ride through alot of water and or mud you will notice a difference.Just slow down for the big stuff.:D

PismoLocal
05-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I've heard stories that when you race MX and have stock fenders the mud builds up under the fenders and either slows you down or cracks the fenders I cut mine back when i had stock fenders but i only ride MX and dunes. I eventually bought black race cut plastics from maier though.

dunny_mark
05-04-2006, 04:13 PM
I like my race cut fenders for the fact I can see where the tires are going

Good luck on the shaving-hope it turns out good!

miller821
05-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Def-e-nition

thanks .
Its supposed to give you 5mph more, but i'm not sure if its true or not... Also mud collects and slows you down..

trx400EXtreme
05-04-2006, 06:27 PM
if i could suggest something, mark where u want them cut with tape on both sides. also, if u have noticed, on the front fenders of a 400ex there is sort of a crease in them. its pretty hard to miss. i would cut on that crease because that is where mine are cut and it looks sweet. good luck.

Halter
05-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Its supposed to give you 5mph more, but i'm not sure if its true or not... Also mud collects and slows you down..

5mph??..thats kinda much...and also...if you get that much mud on your fenders to slow u down anything notciably...your not in a area for racing anyways....

Crazy lil punk
05-06-2006, 12:42 PM
thanks for all the advice, does any one have any more pictures?, btw 04 raptor your bike looks great

miller821
05-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Halter
5mph??..thats kinda much...and also...if you get that much mud on your fenders to slow u down anything notciably...your not in a area for racing anyways....
Ya I know it sounds high, but thats what everyones told me... Dunno if its true or not, but someone should gps thereselves then shave their fenders then gps again to see if it is dif.

exrider008
05-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
thanks for all the advice, does any one have any more pictures?, btw 04 raptor your bike looks great

i did'nt cut mine, they r Maier race cut.