View Full Version : Jetting

A A R O N
05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Okay, i got a few questions. I've never had this carb apart since i've got the bike, so i don't know what size jets are in it right now. The bike just wont idle. But, it doesn't foul plugs. Whenever i take the plug out to check, it's more towards the darker side, but still, not to the point where it would be a problem. Also, i've noticed, since it's been getting hotter and more humid, it seems to be becomming worse of a problem. Also, it just doesn't feel like it's putting out enough power near the bottom end of the power range. Once i get the rpms way up, it's feels like it clears out and runs better. (i know this is how 2 strokes are, but on my cr250, it doesn't lag like the 250r does down low) Bottom line is i want to get this thing at least to an idle. Anybody have any suggestions with where to go with jets after i clean the carb? If it helps any, the motor is .040 over, with some pretty aggressive gt thunder port work, paul turner "89 race" pipe, and im running 36:1 redline.

Aaron

Jester
05-03-2006, 06:56 PM
1: a properly setup 2 stroke willnot idle...

2:drop you needle a clip and see if it cleans up the bottom. Do some plug chops.

hollywood250r
05-03-2006, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jester
[B]1: a properly setup 2 stroke willnot idle...

That is not true! A properly setup 2 stroke will idle. A 2 stroke that is too rich will not idle. Where did you hear this!

250r4life
05-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Jester

2:drop you needle a clip and see if it cleans up the bottom. Do some plug chops.

if i was a moderator i would have that statment automatically attached to every post you make, so that people can take the source into consideration as they read whatever you have to say...

henryhenry
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
damn

SET THE STAGE
05-04-2006, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Jester
explain.

TheFontMaster
05-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Try playing with your idle screw, and also your air fuel mixture. It sounds like you might need to drop the pilot jet down a little bit.

Jester
05-06-2006, 03:08 PM
http://www.maximausa.com/technical/lubenews/springsummer2001.pdf

Read this and keep your smart comments to yourself.

novaracr70
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
try having a dune bike that dont idle it sucks . if a bike was made to not idle why have a idle screw? I agree that on a motocross bike idling might not b the best thing for everyone . but i think this guy wants his to idle and so do i and a billon other people

Jester
05-06-2006, 03:54 PM
ok, but people don't need to be smart about it.

I don't race anymore, but I do ride woods fast, and don't care for my ride to idle.