PDA

View Full Version : How much better is a aftermarket comp adjust shock over a stock rebuild?

FireMedic686R
05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Getting ready to upgrade the suspension. Here is the thing. I can sell my stock fronts for 200+ and put that towards some elka's etc. and rebuild the rear for appox 1000 minus the 200 whatever I get for the stockers...... So my question is is it worth the extra 300 bucks to get an aftermarket shock with comp adjust only over a lets say derisi rebuild?

05-03-2006, 07:04 PM
with a rebuild you have preload, compression, and rebound. I def. would just save your money and get a rebuild :D

bwilson624
05-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Yep. Go with the rebuild. Check with Derisi Racing. Great prices, great people to deal with. Check them out.

DanW
05-06-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm racing in the Iowa ATV XC Series on stock rebuilds that were done by GT THUNDER. I have beaten many people this year that are on high buck aftermarket shocks. ;)

wanna_be_ridn
05-06-2006, 11:25 AM
suspension doesnt exactly mean you bolt it on and win races..... i beat ppl on a bone stock raptor, and also won a mx race on bone stock suspension JMO... but of course it will help you ALOT i run works suspension and couldnt be happier, i myself have never rode anybody bike that just had rebuilds so i cant say good or bad about a rebuild.

morfy
05-07-2006, 08:43 PM
I had some rebuilt shocks from derisi. I liked them but I had a chance to buy some elka's and I can tell you that if you have th e money and you ride sand alot. Go with aftermarket. The ride is SO much better with the elka's. Huge difference when wide open in 4th over the whooooops. I can not really tell a difference on dirt. But we do not put alot of whooops in our tracks. Gettying old :)