PDA

View Full Version : Help with dyno jet kit

JPhonda
05-03-2006, 04:40 PM
hey i just bought a dyno jet kit for my ex and i was wondering do i have to take the carb completely out? If i do then what is the easiest way of doing this. Also on the average how long does it take to install one of these kits if its the first time jetting a fourwheeler?

JPhonda
05-03-2006, 04:45 PM
also once this kit is fully installed is there any fine tuning to be done or does it work perfect once its in there

Rip_Tear
05-03-2006, 06:38 PM
it depends on what you've got done to your ATV... sometimes it's fine sometimes it needs a bit of fine tuning. A general guide is never going to be flawless for different mods etc.

jsmith2232
05-04-2006, 09:27 AM
If you just have to rejet your main you won't have to take your carb off. here is a really good write up on this topic. just be very, very careful removing the screws they are extremely soft and easy to strip out.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=221803

NCexRider
05-04-2006, 01:54 PM
When installing a Dynojet kit you have to change out the needle which requires removing the carb. If you have never done this, unless you are fairly machanical minded, I would advise taking it to your closet authorized service center. They will install it for around $60.

RangerRick
05-04-2006, 05:22 PM
The needle is not bad at all to put in imo.I wouldent pay $5 for someone to put one in mine.Its not that hard just read the instructions.I am 15 and I have done it at least twice just on mine.Good luck.

JPhonda
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
ya iam pretty machanicaly inclinded. I know a lot about fourwheelers also. Ive just never really dealt with the carb and i want to know the easiest and fasts way to get it out. I def would never pay anyone to do this because its going to be a good learning experience. so whats the easiest way to get the carb out to work on?? also my mods are white bros r4 pipe with a moose racing air filter. pretty simple mods for now.

NCexRider
05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Remove your seat, your side plastic, undo the straps on your tank, unscrew the clamp from the airbox and the one on the motor and pull it out.