View Full Version : Looking for shock opinions

mc1984
05-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I have been doing my research and homework and trying to learn as much as I can. I have a 2004 Z400 and want to upgrade the stock front shocks. Right now I have been looking at the Elka rec series that are nonadjustable without resevoirs. They are pretty basic triple rates. I talked to one guy that had them and he loved them. I was alsolooking at the works triple rates with remote resevoirs that are fully adjustable ( I think). I was wondering who out there has used what and what you think of each. The works are a little bit more than the Elkas. One other option I had considered is the 05 or newer shocks with the piggyback resevoir. How good is this shock if I send it out to be reworked?

I do not race but I do ride hard. I ride a little bit of everything from fast woods and trail riding to some mx.

Thanks in advance for the input!

PismoLocal
05-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I have axis triples w/ remote rezzy's and they are awesome. I have ridden elka recs and i think they are worth the price. I have never ridden works steelers but i have ridden works stadium pro triple rates w/ piggy backs and they didnt handle any better then my axis and my axis only cost half as much as the works pro series.

JW450R1
05-03-2006, 05:34 PM
i have had work triple rate with ressys.now i have elkas piggys with triple rate.i love the elkas.plus elka has a good customer service:D

Racing Rice
05-04-2006, 06:29 AM
My vote goes for Fox Float air shocks, since that is what I run. I've been really happy with them.