PDA

View Full Version : PIMS for the LTR are in stock

AL Elks
05-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Got a call from Garrett at Yoshi today and I'll have mine on Friday. I had him 2day it to me for this weekend.

FIMAKs are supposedly 2 weeks out.

FUELATV
05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
I just got off of the phone with Yoshi. They said the cherry bomb and the PIM will use the same race map. The only reason you will need a PIM is so that you can plug the FIMAK into it. Then the PIM will store the edits made to the map. Basically if you bolt on a pipe all you need is a cherry bomb. If you add cams, porting ect. then you will not only need a PIM, but a FIMAK also. PIM by itself does nothing more then a cherry bomb.

QuadManKev
05-03-2006, 05:31 PM
how much does the FIMAK and the PIM cost? and any idea on when the yoshimura kick start kit will be available?

AL Elks
05-03-2006, 05:47 PM
That's strange. When I talked to them they stated that the PIM had two maps built into it and one was for the Yoshi with the spark arrestor and the other was for the Yoshi without it.

That's my biggest gripe with Yoshi. You never get the same answer twice.

05-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I believe you are mistaken FUEL. It even states on the website it comes with 2 extra maps and the only reason for the FIMIK is if additional adjustments are needed. Although it is tough to get in touch with anyone at Yosh who knows whats goin on. I hope the maps in the PIM increase the rev limit also.

FUELATV
05-03-2006, 07:16 PM
That is exactly what Yoshi told me today. Hey what do i know, but the guy told me ..... IF YOU ARE ONLY RUNNING A FULL YOSHI PIPE, AND NO AIR BOX LID ALL YOU NEED IS A CHERRY BOMB. You only need the PIM to store edits made to the map with the FIMAK. Dont kill the messanger....thats just what they told me.

QuadManKev
05-03-2006, 07:16 PM
any ideas on the prices?

05-03-2006, 07:28 PM
No problem FUEL, these "customer service" reps are getting worse everyday. I have the Yosh full system, CB, and Trinity pro flow intake kit. With those mods it definetly feels lean/flat on top and hits the rev limiter awfully early(I think the intake leaned it out). I am gonna get the PIM to richen it up a little and hopefully it will add a 1000 or 2 RPM.

PIM is $239.95 FIMIK is $259.95

05-03-2006, 07:32 PM
In addition to the basic CRBM unit, the full EMS system can be used. EMS can be purchased as a complete kit with all three units, or individually.

EMS Modules: EMS Peripheral Interface Module (PIM):
The PIM is a piggyback unit that plugs in as an adjunct to the stock OEM wiring harness. This simple plug-in to the stock harness requires no major modifications; and takes about thirty minutes to install. The PIM comes with (2) pre-programmed fuel maps which optimize fuel delivery for our Yoshimura exhaust systems. Map (a) offers best performance when utilizing the spark arrestor. Map (b) offers maximum machine performance with our race exhaust system.

The PIM unit attaches directly on top of the OEM ECU and takes just a few minutes to install.

EMS Fuel Injection Map Adjuster Kit (FIMAK):
If additional fuel adjustments are required, the FIMAK is utilized when interfaced with the Peripheral Interface Module. The FIMAK is a hand held unit that makes mapping changes that ultimately effect fuel delivery. The FIMAK makes adjustments to the Yoshimura supplied base maps stored inside the PIM unit. Once adjustments are performed, the FIMAK is simply unplugged and stored in the racers toolbox.

The FIMAK will allow for +/- percentage adjustment of fuel, at various operating points. (Throttle angle and engine rpm). The FIMAK has a total of 200 mapping points available. Throttle angle is well defined at the lower throttle angles, where engine response is critical. Engine rpm adjustment points are available in 500rpm increments. Fuel trim is adjustable in 1% increments, with a +/- 20% threshold.

Additional features of the FIMAK:
The block edit feature allows the user to select “blocks” of operating points and trim fuel. This feature is helpful when sizable adjustments are necessary

FUELATV
05-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I am in the same situation. By what they said the map on the PIM will be the same map that the Cherry bomb uses. Now once you have the PIM you can then use the FIMAK to adjust the map on the PIM. Who knows? I do know i will not be buying any of them until someone does a dyno run and figues all this madness out.

berge75
05-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Has anyone heard when the powercommanders will be availible? This Yoshi stuff is twice as much money, and you still can't download your own maps

slief
05-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by berge75
Has anyone heard when the powercommanders will be availible? This Yoshi stuff is twice as much money, and you still can't download your own maps

I thought the whole point of the FIMAK was so that you could program in your own maps. :ermm:

The PIM allows the stock computer to have its maps changed via the FIMAK. Essentially over riding the stock map. The other units on the market thus far override the injectors basically tricking them into flowing more fuel which to me is a Band-Aid approach.

The only thing that is either unconfirmed or not available (on these controllers thus far) is timing adjustments and redline/rev limiter.

AL Elks
05-05-2006, 07:55 PM
My PIM came in today and it has a sheet that shows each map. I'll go to my store tomorrow and scan it all into a PDF and post the maps as well as the installation instructions. I also have a call into Yoshi to try and get a copy of the two maps that are already in the bike for comparison.

The FIMAK by the way will adjust the rev limiter in 500prm increments.

05-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Al, Give us a full ride report after you install it. Let us know what you think. Also does it say in the paperwork if the PIM increases the rev limit any by itself?

AL Elks
05-05-2006, 09:04 PM
All it stated was that the PIM would replace the CRBM which tells me that it raises the RPM just like the CRBM did. That's why I want Yoshi to send me the maps that are already programmed in the bike so I can compare them.

There is a jumper you plug in to access one of two maps in the PIM. This is interesting because you can have two maps programmed in the PIM and switch between the two by turning the bike off and either plugging in the jumper or taking the jumper off.