PDA

View Full Version : yamaha blaster

bigwheeler
05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
need help on my yamaha blaster. I bought it brand new in 02 and i have put the following things:Dg Exhaust, fmf power jet kit, k&n air filter, vesrah clutch, boysen power reeds, vito's 240 big bore kit, hot rod. and when i got it done i rode it bout 4 hours and when i hit the high way, going up the hill it died and the engine wouldnt roll over so i let it cool down and it broke lose and started up so i keep going and locked up again about 2 miles away and was locked up tight when loaded it up and took it to my shop and the picton was wore extremely bad and the cylinder is prolly scared to bad to fix and i dont no why it did this could any body tell me what happend. because i was to install a new vito's 240 sleeve, keihin 35mm sir striker carb, plus 3mm vito's stroker crank, cast big bore piston. and i dont want it to do it again .

i need to no how to jet the carb and set it for the engine what size of tires it needs gear ration it needs and what octane it needs or race fuel

thanks

GPracer2500
05-03-2006, 09:52 PM
You defintitely need to learn what jetting is all about. Small(ish) displacement two strokes that have been built up are particularly sensitive to jetting. My advice is to take the time to try and learn the fundamentals first. THIS THREAD (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=229923) from the "How To" section has some info and links that will get you pointed in the right direction. If you want to maintain your engine you'll have to keep it jetted right.

Not sure about your gearing.

Ask whoever built the engine how much compression it has (or had). Alternatively do a compression check and report back with the psi. Cylinder compression dictates the required octane.

bigwheeler
05-03-2006, 10:18 PM
this last time it was rebuilt i did the hole thing myself the bottom end was scattered all over the table. and no one would help me, i dont have a clue about internal stuff so i got mad and put it together my self, and there were two ball bearings laying there (so me being the dumb ***** i am) put them on the end of two rods stick out that looked like they went there(i dont know why i did that). i just put new seals in and the right side crank bearing but i forgot to change the rod bearing and it moves back and forth and almost the crank on both sides, then i put the top end on and put the carb on it without makeing any adjustmeants to the carb, it fired up, oh it smoked for about 3 minutes allmost completely solid white smoke,then it cleared up. so i put everything back on and the cluth ball was gone, im guessing one of them balls goes in between the push rod thingy, but i decided to run it without a clutch just give it a push, and it wouldnt never go over 4th gear, it ran perfect around the block but soon as i hit the high way it was almost red hot and that was it.

i dont have a compression tester so i didnt check but just curious is that a thing that you put it the spark plug hole like on a car or would that not work.and my new stuff i ordered is on a out of stock list so itll be 4 to 7 weeks befor its in

05-05-2006, 09:09 AM
well theres your problem