PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

05-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Thinking of selling my R...not sure as a whole or part it out. Not really sure what i could get out of it. What do you guys think? This bike was completly went thru last year from the frame up. New powdercoat on the frame and all new bearings! It has Hipers on it now, but they will be staying with me!

86 250r

CT330 Big Bore (on second bore and new top end has maybe 20hrs on it)
CT Pipe and Silencer
38mm Airstryker Carb
IMS Oversize Tank
Black Maier Fenders
Front Works Triple Rates w/ Rezzies
Chrome +2 Burgard A-Arms (could use new chrome or powdercoat)
Chromed Stock Swingarm (has had a few cracks repaired)
Durablue +2+4 Axle
Tag Bars
SRP Steering Stabilizer
Chrome Lonestar Steering Stem
Douglas Wheels
Stock Tires
Skids

punker69q
05-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Don't do this! You will kick yourself in the nuts for years if you do this. They are worth nothing right now, so except if you really need money, keep it! I know that I will probably keep mine forever, riding it is such an adrenalin rush :macho

SET THE STAGE
05-03-2006, 03:10 PM
if you decide to part, how much would you sell the arms for? i might be interested

Jester
05-03-2006, 03:35 PM
I'd take all of the plastics and prolly the pipe and silencer... you will regret it though.

05-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Well....I do XC racing and there is maybe 10 max 250r's out of say 500-600 quads. That isn't much! I think alot of it has to do with production rules and the technology. Not to mention the contingency programs some manufacturers offer. The quad you own cannot be less than two years old to qualify for contingency.

Don't get me wrong I love my big bore R and love riding it even in the woods. I'm just lookin into the future more for myself. It's getting harder to find stock and aftermarket parts in good shape for the 250r also. I just tried ordering some stuff the other day and they said it was discontinued. And even if you do find some good parts that are somewhat rare you'll be paying out the butt for them!

Every person I talk to about getting rid of my R says I'll regret it and would be making a big mistake, but I think I'll do what is best for me. If I could keep my R and afford another quad I would...but I just can't do that. There would be more sentimental value in my R cause I re-built it from the ground up just the way I wanted....but sometimes it just time to move on.

Coyoteman
05-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Sometimes a change is good. Do what works for you............That being said, there is nothing wrong with the new 450's.
I would think your quad would be worth more parted out, but I know it's a pain.

265RGUY
05-10-2006, 03:47 PM
don't do it. its to nice to part out

danbobsR
05-11-2006, 05:05 AM
Id say keep it and get a 450 as well "Funds Permitting". I parted my R out and went the 450 route now the 450 is being parted out and R is comming back to life I dont Race so it is just preference for me nothing to do with the production year rules

05-11-2006, 05:40 AM
If I could keep the R and get something else I would....but I don't see that happening!

Flynbryan19
05-11-2006, 05:51 AM
You'll get MUCH more of your money back out of it by parting out. You'll never get even close to what you want selling it whole. :( Sad, but true. Like you, if I had the money I'd have an R AND a 4-stroke. I love the 250r's. :D

TheFontMaster
05-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Unless you are going for the sponsorships I would say keep the R. But if your dead set on selling it, I do need for the rear brakes, stainless lines, rotor, and a brake fluid rezzie. If the swingarm skid is aftermarket I might be interested in that, and maybe the carb.

On a side note, how do you like your +2 front end, and +4 axel in the woods? I have the same front end set up you do, it works good for trails, but I plan on racing a couple local hair scrambles and a gncc this year.

05-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Unless you are going for the sponsorships I would say keep the R. But if your dead set on selling it, I do need for the rear brakes, stainless lines, rotor, and a brake fluid rezzie. If the swingarm skid is aftermarket I might be interested in that, and maybe the carb.

On a side note, how do you like your +2 front end, and +4 axel in the woods? I have the same front end set up you do, it works good for trails, but I plan on racing a couple local hair scrambles and a gncc this year.

I'm still undecided what I'm gonna do but if I do part it out it won't be for a little while.

I run 4/1 wheels up front and have my axle set to the smallest width I can. I beleive I am at around 46 inches wide (not sitting on the quad) It does pretty good in the woods....I don't really have any problems fitting thru the tight places.

If you race some GNCC's let me know which one...I'm planning on hitting up most of them.

TheFontMaster
05-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by CT_330R
I'm still undecided what I'm gonna do but if I do part it out it won't be for a little while.

I run 4/1 wheels up front and have my axle set to the smallest width I can. I beleive I am at around 46 inches wide (not sitting on the quad) It does pretty good in the woods....I don't really have any problems fitting thru the tight places.

If you race some GNCC's let me know which one...I'm planning on hitting up most of them.

The only GNCC I'll be racing is the one at Unadilla, since I'm only 40 minutes away from there. The only thing stoping me from racing that one is it's on sep. 28th, and college for me starts Oct. 2nd in PA.