PDA

View Full Version : TRX450ER6 blowing oil out of gearbox breather!!

wizard
05-03-2006, 03:50 AM
My 450 is only 4 mths old and has just had the piston , rings and new crank seal replaced, due to the gearbox breather blowing oil out.
What the *@?! I thought Hondas were good engines.
I have only increased the main jet to 160, removed the airbox lid and exhaust spark arrestor and adjusted the air screw.
The air cleaner has been always clean and the valves are still fine int he head.(therefore the engine hasn't been dusted)
Has anyone else had this problem or am I just unlucky.
Honda has paid for this repair under warranty but still can;t tell me why it happened to start with!!
I hope i don't have to rebuild the engine even 4mths. if so I'll trade it for a YFZ450!
4whlr:)

fmfhonda250r
05-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Mine did the same thing, it was just over full on tranmission oil.

lumi
05-03-2006, 03:20 PM
hey i heard about that happening it does it when u put too much tranny oil.

450rJam
05-03-2006, 07:14 PM
dont over fill it, it dont even take the full bottle if your using the honda 90 weight trans fluid.

schulte_85
05-03-2006, 09:35 PM
mine is doing it too getting it fixed by dealer. How much oil are you supposed to put in?

eagertorace
05-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by schulte_85
mine is doing it too getting it fixed by dealer. How much oil are you supposed to put in?

read the manual, it tells you how much and the procedure

DirtDevilBT
05-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by wizard
if so I'll trade it for a YFZ450!
4whlr:)

Just give up now, sell it to me, and go buy your crying self a yfz cause it sounds like you weren't positive about buying the R in the first place. Now whenever the thing burps your going to cry about it being a Honda. WTF go buy a Yamaha.

Is it still having a problem? If not, than it was taken care of wasn't it. :rolleyes:

.89 quart. But the better answer is when it leaks out the chech hole.:rolleyes: