PDA

View Full Version : need taller handlebars. 250ex (yes i searched)

ryanh250ex
05-03-2006, 12:10 AM
ok, so i'm getting to the point where i think i could use some taller bars. i've owned a 250ex for a little over 4 years now, and after hanging up the helmet for 2 years, i'm ready to get back into it again. However, last time i was riding, i sure wasn't 5'11 or so and 170 lbs :eek2: , so i am perhaps a little on the tall side to be riding a 250. :D

i do about 50% tight trails and 50% open farm fields- some jumping and standing up riding, but plenty of places where i encounter bump steer. do most decent aftermarket bars "muffle" bump steer any?

i think i am happy with the sweep of the OEM bars, i just need them to be a few inches higher. ultimately i want to personalize my 250 so that i feel comfortable both sitting and standing up on it- right now, i have to lean forward a little bit to stand up and still hold the bars.

is there any difference between the 7/8" and 1 1/8" handlebars aside from strength? i'm aware that i'd need the Tusk Universal Clamps to use 1 1/8" bars.

Soooo, given the above criteria, what bend should i use?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

edit: the answer isn't "a 400ex/450r/YFZ" . as a college student, i'm not buying a new quad anytime soon, so i might as well ride comfortably.

400exrider707
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Banshee bend seems to be a popular bend with the guys that I ride with. I went with a 250R renthal bend myself and it was much easier for me to stand comfortably on my 400ex versus the stock bars. I moved the renthals to my 450r and liked them on there too. Also the 1 1/8 bars are supposed to reduce fatigue, not really necessary, but the look cool too,:blah: If your just doing trails and what not I would just get the regular 7/8 bars. Check with Nacs racing as they often have sales on renthals 7/8 for $50.

05-03-2006, 04:21 PM
You could just get risers if you like the bend.