PDA

View Full Version : Has this happend to you

Tyler107
05-02-2006, 09:03 PM
well today was feathering my clutch through a berm and my chain slipped off the sprocket which was weird cause earlier that day i had to take 2 links out so it would tighten up i got it tight and it slipped off so anyway the chain jammed it self between the swingarm and sprocket and when the sprocket tried to spin somthing in the tranny broke because it now the engine can be in gear nd the sprocket wont move, any way has this ever happend to anyone else? later on when i borrow a case spreader i can do some inspection, what do you guys think happend

tazman7
05-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Chains dont just slip off- It is obviously time to replace the chain, along with other broken components now. Usually once a chain comes off, its time to replace it because it gets kinked and stuff.

Did it come off before this happened?

Tyler107
05-02-2006, 09:15 PM
no it was the first time it has slipped off it was getting there though i had another one ordered i just bought this r two weeks ago

tazman7
05-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Post some pictures of it- I would suggest ordering a case saver too.

Tyler107
05-02-2006, 09:29 PM
i havent split the case yet

Jester
05-03-2006, 04:27 AM
betting your axle bearings are trashed..

plus the tranny.

Mean250r
05-03-2006, 05:06 AM
yeah that happened to me as well. what happened what my axle nut (next to the swinger on the right side) was loose. put some electrical tape around it if it doesnt have a anti fade lock nut :devil:

Tyler107
05-03-2006, 01:33 PM
yeah the axle nut managed to loosen it self, does honda still make the tranny parts i might need or should i just ebay it

wicked265R
05-03-2006, 06:36 PM
when u split the cases check and see if you snapped your output shaft. when the chain jams itself like that, the sudden jolt can break the output shaft, cause it to not spin. just something to check for

TheFontMaster
05-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Tyler107
yeah the axle nut managed to loosen it self, does honda still make the tranny parts i might need or should i just ebay it

You should be able to order any trans parts you need new from honda.

xlr810
05-05-2006, 12:48 PM
All the tranny parts are still available new from Honda. That would be your best bet if you plan to keep your quad a while. I'd suggest getting all the tranny parts from the same year tranny as your original-- or replace the tranny entirely as a set. Different years had different spacers and clips as well as different numbers of teeth on 5th and 6th gear. You never know what you are going to get on ebay. Like playing the lotto. Sometimes you get lucky. Are you feeling lucky?