PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cost !!!

xtreme25t
05-02-2006, 08:19 PM
So the last time I bought fuel for my Banshee, (VPRacing C-12) it cost me $52 per 5gallons. I usually get about a day out of that can. I've been going to NAC's Racing to get my fuel 'cause it's not too far from my hometown. But now that gas prices have gone up, it cost me $20 in the car and $52 for the Banshee. That's $72 just to play for a day. Is there another way to feed the beast? Is anyone else having to deal with this too? I don't know, I just need to rant about it alittle.

robjohn74
05-02-2006, 09:24 PM
change it to alky ..it is cheaper and you have big gain,s in ....the only thing that sucks is fogging it...

enquadrider16
05-02-2006, 09:49 PM
pump gas :-)

250r4life
05-03-2006, 12:15 AM
yep- screw running straight gas- especially on a 2 stroke and especially on a banshee... a pretty penny thats for sure... i rum av gas in mine... yah i know people will say a bunch of crap, but it works fine for me... sometimes i'll mix vp and av, but av has always been great to me... and everybody i ride with...

Mxjunkie
05-03-2006, 12:33 AM
I use air plane gas as well sometimes, its just like race gas but cheaper.

#1atpikespeak
05-03-2006, 11:40 AM
AV gas is made to atomize at elevations near 13,000 feet and above. This means that on the groound you are not getting the proper misting effect as the fuel enters the cylinders. You will get alot of raw fuel in the cylinders that will make the engine burn fuel in a wierd way. Also racing gas has alot of other additives in it like lubricants for high RPM use as well as the high resistance to detenation caused by high compression. Av gas is clearly labeled low lead contect which is not good. My suggestion to you is evaluate your situation and decide if you absolutly need race fuel. Unless you are lining up against other race quads and winning is the only option use pump gas. Racing gas is way to expensive for the everyday rider that only runs it so he can feel like he is a quad racer. Take the time to check your compression and decide if you want to lower it so you can run on pump gas. Anything over 175 psi of compression is going to want racing fuel. Av gas is only 100 octane and is not that much better than pump gas.

Yamahauler_04
05-03-2006, 05:19 PM
What mods do you have?

I run into a lot of people that run race gas, and just don't need to.

Unless you have raised compression, just run pump gas.

jimmy123_272
05-05-2006, 09:43 AM
pump gas is the way to go if it is not modified and even if it modified you can still run pump gas as long as it is premium

250r4life
05-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by #1atpikespeak
AV gas is made to atomize at elevations near 13,000 feet and above. This means that on the groound you are not getting the proper misting effect as the fuel enters the cylinders. You will get alot of raw fuel in the cylinders that will make the engine burn fuel in a wierd way. Also racing gas has alot of other additives in it like lubricants for high RPM use as well as the high resistance to detenation caused by high compression. Av gas is clearly labeled low lead contect which is not good. My suggestion to you is evaluate your situation and decide if you absolutly need race fuel. Unless you are lining up against other race quads and winning is the only option use pump gas. Racing gas is way to expensive for the everyday rider that only runs it so he can feel like he is a quad racer. Take the time to check your compression and decide if you want to lower it so you can run on pump gas. Anything over 175 psi of compression is going to want racing fuel. Av gas is only 100 octane and is not that much better than pump gas.

i knew it... didnt i say people were gunna say crap about av gas? :D its all good pikes, i'm just laughing... man with bikes there are a million different opinions about a million different things... av gas has been good to me, but thats just my choice and opinion...