PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid question please help with my decision

Raptor350yamaha
05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I am building a hybrid with a blaster frame. I was wondering which engine would work best with the blasters stock frame and suspension a YZ80 or KX250. Also which do you think could get me more money from the complete bike when it comes time t0 sell it? And any more ups and downs of getting either one?

cds
05-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Wow, that takes me back. I used to have a friend that built many, many hybrid dirtbikes.

I would put the 80 in it. The blaster is a short-wheelbase, small frame quad. The 250 would be a lot of motor for a blaster, especially with the stock suspension.

As to which one would bring more money: it depends on who is buying it. Nicely done, there are some "rich" folk that would pay a premium price for an "80cc blaster." It seems like it would make a great kids quad. These same folk would probably like the fact (pay more) that a yammie engine is in a yammie frame.
There are others who would like having a faster blaster.

Make sure you look things over good. Keep an eye out for potential SNAFUs. Things like making sure that the countershaft sprocket comes out of the same side of the motor as the rear sprocket is on. It's also nice to not have to hack the frame to get a different motor to fit.

It can take a lot of work to do this sort of thing.

Good luck and have fun with your project!